iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Since a lot of people are using different threads for iPod questions and iPod help, why doesn't every body that has a question or needs advice post here?

1. What is the best Case for an iPod? (i have one and it is VERY scratched.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tristantristan Posts: 79member
    [quote]Originally posted by nx7oe:

<strong>Since a lot of people are using different threads for iPod questions and iPod help, why doesn't every body that has a question or needs advice post here?

1. What is the best Case for an iPod? (i have one and it is VERY scratched.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I don't know about the best case, but I have a NeoPod Neoprene case with steel belt clip from everythingipod.com. I bought the neoprene because I use it when I work out. However, the steel belt clip is too big (distance btw the case and the belt clip) so when I clip it to my work out shorts (work out shorts aren't really that thick) it has too much slack. But if you were just going to clip to like blue jeans or something it would be great. It has flaps that velcro over the top to cover the firewire slot and the hold button, however I think that if you went with a case that has no openings would be fine because it fits so snug...course don't drop any food down there. :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I got a neoprene case free from Powermax when I ordered my iPod (I think it's the NeoPod). I'm glad it was free, because it's terrible. You can't see the screen with the little window because it's the wrong shape and size (too wide, not tall enough). There is a really annoying clear "button guard" that covers the four buttons around the jog wheel. I removed all the clear plastic things from it but it was still way too annoying to use. Also, the swivel belt clip allows the iPod to detach when you go up stairs, because your leg will hit it and make it come out the top of the clip (it's held in place by gravity). That's okay, because the neoprene makes it shock-proof (from a short distance anyway). So I just use mine loose. It's got a few scratches, but whatever. I think there's a topic in here that has how to remove scratches.

I did see something cool though - a static cling style cover for the iPod. You peel off the backing and stick one on the front and one on the back, and it protects against fingerprints and scratches. I wish I had gotten one of those right when I got the iPod, because they would have prevented all the "character marks" on it... but it's still fine how it is.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:

<strong>I did see something cool though - a static cling style cover for the iPod. You peel off the backing and stick one on the front and one on the back, and it protects against fingerprints and scratches. I wish I had gotten one of those right when I got the iPod, because they would have prevented all the "character marks" on it... but it's still fine how it is.</strong><hr></blockquote>

actually i think someone on these boards sells them... his sig is somehting along the lines of "apple is making me money" with a link to th pod protector or something--very cool...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    I personally prefer the Waterfield case by waterfield designs. Their address is...

<a href="http://www.sfbags.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.sfbags.com/</a>;