Can you open/eject Optical drive w/MicrosoftOffice Keyboard?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just received a new Microsoft Office Keyboard and Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Mouse Special Edition bundle as a gift. Very neat products but no way to access my Superdrive? I can't open it without a eject key? There doesn't seem to be a way to eject under osx or os9. I called microsoft no help. I checked there website no help? I was excited with the great software and all the features. Guess I will need to return this gift.... : (

Any help or suggestions?

Locutus27

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    in a folder on the install cd or somewhere in the system folder is a folder called "Apple Extras" which has an eject script that you can copy to your desktop that will open and eject disks for you when you double click it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You could also set that Apple Script to open when you hit the F15 key, through the keyboard control panel.

Wait, doesn't this not work in OS X? Is this another one of those features that Apple decided they'd remove for no reason? I know it works in OS 9. I don't use OS X as I see no clear advantages and many disadvantages (at least for me, because I have a fairly old computer).

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: Luca Rescigno ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    [quote]Originally posted by Locutus27:

<strong>I just received a new Microsoft Office Keyboard and Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Mouse Special Edition bundle as a gift.</strong><hr></blockquote>

[quote]Very neat products but no way to access my Superdrive? I can't open it without a eject key? There doesn't seem to be a way to eject under osx or os9. I called microsoft no help.<hr></blockquote>

i could have told you that.

[quote]I checked there website no help? I was excited with the great software and all the features. Guess I will need to return this gift.... : ( <hr></blockquote>

is there something like a command-key on that thing?

if yes:

select CD and "command + Y" (macos 9.x)

select CD and "command + E" (macos x)

good luck
  • Reply 4 of 5
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member
    ..or right click the disc icon and select "eject"

this is no good if theres no disc in the drive though

Pres
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    hit it with a bat?