Has the Digital Lifestyle ran it's course?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
If there is one weakness that I see from "Forward Thinking" companies is the the lack of originality. For instance.

Sony has come out with its Memory Stick format. They've added MS to their digicams and computers and even Car Audio. However despite it's ubiquity on Sony products it's still largely a two trick pony. I'm either going to transport audio or transport video/Photos.

Apple may fall into this trap as well. Currently they have attacked the Digital Lifestyle Triumvarant. They have an app for Audio/Video and Photos. Honestly...what more is there? Consumers aren't craving for much else.

This worries me because Apple has invested heavily into the DL and stagnation will only serve to let Microsloth catch up.

Let's hope they can tap into the new DL Oasis of Digital Communication. Phones..PDA's and the like might see a resurgence now that we're seeing movement on the computer side.

Apple should hit this hard. With iCal and iSync there's still much work to be done.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Sony's memory stick is just Sony trying to control the digital world like many other things it creates. There isn't much it does that other memory standards don't already do.

Steve Jobs said at Apple Expo that the digital hub is maturing with iCal and iSync. They know and have said that it is complete. We just have to sit back and wait to hear what Steve Jobs is thinking about but isn't telling us yet.