camera>>>ipod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have yet to buy a camera but I will want to take a lot of pics and have some way of storing them while i am away on holidays ( ie no computer) and memory sticks seem expensive for what you get.

My ideal combo would be a camera downloading to an ipod for storage but one is firewire and other most likely usb.

Any thoughts - would a usb mp3 player work or are there firewire-usb convertors?

Can a Camera download to a hard drive without a computer?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    There's no known way to interface a camera direct to an iPod. There might be some bit of kit out there that will allow you to transfer images to a hard drive, but I haven't come across any.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    As far as I know, the only way to get extra storage other than by buying more flash memory is to get the cheapest laptop you can get that is cardbus capable. Get a cheap, old laptop (like a 1400) that has been upgraded from 16 bit PC cards to 32 bit ones, and you can add a USB card. The only problem is that once you're done buying all that stuff, you have not saved any money, and it's much less portable.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sounds like there is another opening to exploit for the folks at apple
  • Reply 4 of 4
    There are two companies that make a storage disk without needing a computer. You simply remove the compact flash card/smart media card to the digital wallet and it transfers it to HD so that you can rewrite from the card. I can't remember the names but they are called "digital wallets" so do a google search. I belive they are around $500.00 or more depending on storage size. I was hoping I could use iPod as substitute for the digital wallet but there is no way at this time.

[ 09-30-2002: Message edited by: kwondo ]</p>