Sony Ericsson & Bluetooth : Bluetooth Confusion!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey gang,

Which of the Sony Ericsson cellulars is the "one to get" when syncing with Bluetooth? I'm looking to get a new phone real soon. My provider is Cingular and in my area they offer the Sony Ericsson T61d. Anyone have opinions on this phone?

D

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    t68i is the one to get... wtf is t61d?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Sorry, meant T68d.

I went and looked at the phones on the official site and the "i" version looks like the real deal. That's a GPRS phone, right? I wonder when Cingular's GPRS network will make it to Atlanta.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    P800 is the one to get.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    yes, when the brick comes out that is...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I have been using the t68i with t-mobiel (voicestream) for about 6 months. I can connect to the internet with my G4PB through bluetooth, and it works fine...

[quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>Hey gang,

Which of the Sony Ericsson cellulars is the "one to get" when syncing with Bluetooth? I'm looking to get a new phone real soon. My provider is Cingular and in my area they offer the Sony Ericsson T61d. Anyone have opinions on this phone?

D</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I just got my T68i from Amazon for $50 after rebate and it is great. I would highly recommend it if you are in the market for a great bluetooth phone. go here...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/wireless/B00006IZB0/glance/qid=1036903415/br=1-1/ref=br_lf_w_1/002-8812061-7332821
  • Reply 7 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by davidzwang:

<strong>I have been using the t68i with t-mobiel (voicestream) for about 6 months. I can connect to the internet with my G4PB through bluetooth, and it works fine...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you pay extra to connect to the internet, or is it included with your plan. If that is the case which plan do you have?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by filmmaker2002:

<strong>Do you pay extra to connect to the internet, or is it included with your plan. If that is the case which plan do you have?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, he pays extra. There's only one T-Mobile plan that includes GPRS data, and that's the T-Zones Talk & Text plan, which is just like the regular Talk & Text plan (300 anytime minutes, unlimited weekends, 500 text messages), except with 200 less text messages exchanged for a measly one (1) megabyte of wireless data. You can get more, but it's exorbitant. You can add it to any plan, $4.99 for 1MB, $9.99 for 5MB, $19.99 for 10MB... or get a special internet plan by itself, $40 (plus tax) for 20mb per month. I work for T-Mobile, and I wouldn't even pay half that!

Honestly, it isn't going to be viably priced for a LONG time. You're better off just 802.11 wardriving with the 'Book, or going without, when it comes to wireless internet. And the T68i is not that great of a phone.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I agree about the cost....wireless data is just too darn expensive right now and it's going to be a loooong time before it becomes affordable.

Bradbower, if the T68i is crap...what do you think is a good phone?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>I agree about the cost....wireless data is just too darn expensive right now and it's going to be a loooong time before it becomes affordable.

Bradbower, if the T68i is crap...what do you think is a good phone?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, good is subjective. Good for whichever service you choose, good for what you get, good for how much it costs, good for how well it suits your usage, good for how many whizzbang bells and whistles it's got.. I mean, there are $17,000 phones made of platinum or 24 karat gold, those are quite good I imagine.. for those multimillionaire basket ball players with no taste, and then there's gadget good, like the jack-of-all-trades, brick-sized Sony Ericsson P800 which will cost a small fortune and have a battery life of 2.5 minutes, that has to be good for some people. But I'm just being cynical, the P800 is actually quite droolworthy, though way more than anyone in their right mind would spend on a phone that can remind you of your to do list. God, I don't know anymore. I'm getting a SE T300, because it's just a good value for the money right now, not to mention a decent starter camera phone, and a novelty; maybe in '03 some of the cool SE/Nokia/Siemens phones will actually start to ship and I'll have a look, then.