Burning iTunes songs

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am looking for recommendations on Burning a DVD with iTunes songs. It seems like a perfectly logical thing to do(since CDs are passe'), but I have not found a good way to do it yet.

I tried to swap the DVD after first inserting a CD using the iTunes Burn, but it just ejects the DVD anyway.

Copying the Music folder to a DVD creates a lot of unwanted subdirectories and is in Artist vs Album order.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Gee, I thought one of you audiophiles would have done this already.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    So, you're putting your music on DVD as a back-up, right? You can't play DVDs in standard CD (or MP3 CD) players.

It seems like you want some kind of "export" or "archive" function. iTunes does not have that. Maybe they'll add that to a future version. Or, when audio DVDs become more popular, iTunes will be able to burn directly to that.

For now, it seems as thought you are stuck with burning a regular data CD or DVD through the OS.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by clonenode:

<strong>So, you're putting your music on DVD as a back-up, right? You can't play DVDs in standard CD (or MP3 CD) players.

...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually no.

Since both of my home DVD players can play MP-3 DVDs, the current use is to put my entire collection of seasonal music (almost 1000 Christmas songs) on DVD. It plays a random selection much better than my stereo multidisk CD player can. Also most people I know have DVD player capability in the computer, so I can easily bring my collection around to them too.

I have already submitted the request to Apple for iTunes to burn to DVD. Just another example of Apple not really thinking on the cutting edge.

Well thanks anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Just burn your iTunes Music Folder. No?