cool phone=crappy service?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Why does it seem that all the cool phones run on crappy service? In the New York area, I've heard that Verizon is the best, but the only currently available phone that even comes close to comparing with the features out there is a Motorola phone, which does not have bluetooth or palm capabilities, but does have a usb sync to get contact and calendar info.

The erikson phones seem great on features, but run on much less optimal services, such as t-mobile.

And sorry to shout but HAS ANYONE FOUND A PHONE THAT IS BLUETOOTH AND PALM ENABLED?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    My Sony Ericsson T68i is using AT&T. Don't know if that falls under your definition of a good service, but it's better than T-Mobile.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    too bad the T68 itself sucks
  • Reply 3 of 10
    If you have the dough, definitley check out the SonyEricsson P800. Its Palm based, bluetooth enabled, and loaded with everything you'd ever want in a phone. follow this link and read up on it. <a href="http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=c6f1a68864a8ddfc577d5f08efe9c79 6&forumid=163." target="_blank">http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=c6f1a68864a8ddfc577d5f08efe9c79 6&forumid=163.</a> Dont bash the T68i. I have it with T-Mobile here in Milwaukee and Chicago, and it kicks ass. It's small and light and bluetooth enabled. And if you have the patience to deal with rebates, it's free on Amazon.com. But check out the P800, who knows in a few months the price may be cut in half.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Can´t you just pick a phone and use it with whoever you want?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    you can use that with GSM service providers

I had my T68 for about 8 months when it died in june...that thing was a POS...you turn the wrong way you would lose the signal...could hardly hear anything with it...I am so much happier with my Samsung now...it may not have bluetooth...but at least it makes phone calls
  • Reply 6 of 10
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Whatever dummy it was above that said AT&T is better than T-Mobile has obviously never encountered the customer service aspects of each company. Well, or taken a good look at rate plans. Or data plans. Or needed to unlock his phone. Or needed international service.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I have the Sanyo 6200 from Sprint PCS. It's a very nice phone, no bluetooth though. I'm going to pick up a USB cable for it soon to see how well it works as a wireless modem for my TiBook. I don't have a Vison enabled phone, so it will be slow. But it would be nice to have in a pinch.

I've been with Sprint since I first bought a cell phone (end of '99) and I have always been satisfied with the service. It works here in Boston, and up in New Hampshire when I am visiting my family and friends.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    The big boys in phone service have more equipment to update and higher standards to set so they won't rush anything out half-assed. There is also the money side. Perhaps their study panel showed that it was a small percentage that thought these new phones were needed and they are sitting back waiting for it to reach a certain % of popularity before they jump in. Basically they are letting these other companies spend the money to introduce this stuff to the masses then they will step in and say ok this is how you do it right (or less wrong).
  • Reply 9 of 10
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders the White:

<strong>Can´t you just pick a phone and use it with whoever you want?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't tease us. We're clearly talking about American read backwards cell phones and plans here.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    well if you are with one of the companies that is using GSM...T-Mobile, AT&T...you can buy a tri-band phone and use it