iTunes question...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When I click on an MP3 in the finder, iTunes comes to the front, and maximises if it was minimised. Is there any way I can make it so it just plays the file, without this annoying behaviour?

Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I don't think there is a way to change this behavior.

Moving to Digital Hub...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    If you go to column view, just single click the file, and then the next column will appear with the song ready to play. hit the play button there and itunes doesn't interfere. that is the only way I know of as a work around.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I just had a play, and if I run iTunes in super-collapsed mode (click the green widget so you just have the little strip controller with no library display), then minimise that, iTunes still comes to the front but leaves the controller in the Dock, making it pretty easy to click on whatever windows are open.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    If you are playing it from the finder, just play it from the preview window.

The quality is the same, but without the equalizer, and i-tunes isnt even launched.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    If you Control-Click on the MP3, you could select the "Open With... " command and have QuickTime play the MP3. I think if you do a "Get Info" on the file, you can set that to be the default aaction.

I'm pretty sure iTunes will still play any MP3 that's in its Library, but leave double-clicked ones to be played by QT.