Where have you been all of my life?!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Since the big AI downtime I've mostly been hanging out at <a href="http://www.orangeinsider.com/"; target="_blank">OrangeInsider</a>. It just got a full version of UBB a few weeks ago too, so it's basically the same as AI is now, but without the banners and MacNN affiliation. I have also been using [ul=http://www.livejournal.com/]LiveJournal[/url], as a journal and a community type thing. Lots of Mac people over there. Anyway, where've you been?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Come on, fess up guys. Who's been over at BadFlamingo? God that place blows. Heh
  • Reply 2 of 19
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I just got booted down from mod status there. Lucky AI is back.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    kaboomkaboom Posts: 286member
    Yeah Bad Flamingo sucks but have you seen those Think Secret boards?

Now there is some crappy BBS software!!! :eek:
  • Reply 3 of 19
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>I just got booted down from mod status there. Lucky AI is back. </strong><hr></blockquote>

How'd that happen over there?
  • Reply 5 of 19
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I was at BadFlamingo and proud of it. Glad to be back, though.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by kaboom:

<strong>Yeah Bad Flamingo sucks but have you seen those Think Secret boards?

Now there is some crappy BBS software!!! :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I know! It was such a promising replacement for AI until they threw out the old boards for those. Yuk.

At least the annoying neo-AI board wars will go away now on Macnn
  • Reply 7 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    For the most part I was over at MacNN and MacAddict. Occasionally I went to MacWorld and Bad Flamingo.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I was making a post in one theme, and then I post it and i am in another theme, weird........ :cool: :o :eek:
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Yeah, same here. It was kinda weird.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    I asked Synotic if he could get the word out for darker colors. I like dark shades of grey, as it is nice on the eyes, plus it matches my G4.

Funny, AI seems to change with the color scheme of Apple's PowerMac line. First Bondi, then Graphite, and now Quicksilver.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    [quote]Funny, AI seems to change with the color scheme of Apple's PowerMac line. First Bondi, then Graphite, and now Quicksilver.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah MacAddict, it's probably done on purpose

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 19
    AHH! PINK! Dear God, please don't be an omen...
  • Reply 13 of 19
    [quote]Originally posted by Cipher13:

<strong>AHH! PINK! Dear God, please don't be an omen...</strong><hr></blockquote>Fixed now, phew
  • Reply 14 of 19
    ok guys... i think we've got the colors pretty set now... thus... this thread is done
  • Reply 15 of 19
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I was mostly at macnn. i visited OI from time to time. And at first I trried visiting MacMinute, ThinkSecret, and *gasp* MacNetv2 (during it's initial holier than thou phase, though I think they're changing now)

Whatever, AI is BACK! I'll be here and at MacNN now. With the occasional visit to OI.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Matsu ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Mostly spent time at 'NN. I registered with Flamingo as well but really found myself only browsing there and only occasionally. I found the boards a little slow and also down for maintenance whenever I popped by. I recently signed up with O'grady who have new boards but unfortunately they are also Xsorbit which I don't like as much as ubb. I looked at ThinkSecret once.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    hhoganhhogan Posts: 117member
    OrangeInsider for me, anything else is just poor
  • Reply 18 of 19
    I liked BF because so many AI refugees were there but it was awfully quiet there a lot of the time. I also registered at ThinkSecret and started a few threads there - not a lot of traffic though. I posted a little at OI and I did a LOT of posting at MacNN.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    [quote]Originally posted by HHogan:

<strong>OrangeInsider for me, anything else is just poor </strong><hr></blockquote>

Right on HH!

:cool:

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: siletz ]</p>