Who is going to MacWorld SF 2002?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am like %85 shure right now that I will be there.

We must make a AI meeting place and time this year!! I whent last year and we never really go owr act together to meet up. hope fully if will be better this year

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I was set to go but the recent events have me worried. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it.

we'll see
  • Reply 2 of 10
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 3 of 10
    is that the only people who are going?

AppleNut, You should really go. Do not let this stuff scare you.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    i shall be in attendance, dappled in my flowery plummage

love to meet some of you all
  • Reply 5 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well, my job either IS or ISN'T going to spring for it this year, depending on who you ask and when.

I'm about "this close" to saying "fine...I'm going anyway!" and driving up there (I love long, open-road driving) and maybe going up on a Tuesday, visit the Expo on Wednesday all day and sight-see and goof around the city on Thursday and Friday and drive back Saturday.

I'll just try to find a Motel 6 or something WAY the hell out of downtown (so I can actually afford it).

I'll probably go...by myself and on my own dime. But that's freedom, AND it beats waiting on an answer from the job. They're useless.

It's time like these that I wish I wasn't single because that would be a pretty cool little weekend to spend with a like-minded cutie pie: Macworld for a day or so, Frisco for a couple of days, nice drive up and back, staying in hotels, etc.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I won't be going, but hopefully next year I can get to MWNY.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I have the exhibits only pass and now looking for affordable hotel and air-ticket from Seattle.

The "Macworld/Users Conference" pass and a 20% off student discount sounds good to me.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I go to MWNY every year, and therefore cannot afford to go to the show in San Francisco. Plus, applenut is right. Who really wants to travel now? Especially when you'd have to leave from Logan Airport? :eek:
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I'm not going.

grrr flood control!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    MWSF is but a quick BART ride away!