Education Mix and Match Pricing Scam!! WTF?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Get this. I just checked Apple's site and found the following:

If I was to purchase a Dual 800mhz G4 with a 17" Display WITHOUT my education discount I would pay $3499 plus $999 for the dispay plus $99 for an airport card. That brings us to 4597 plus tax for the machine I configured. Take this minus the $500 monitor promotion and that leaves us with $4097 plus tax.

But, If I use my ed discount, they change the monitor promotion to only $300!!!!!!!

That means I would pay:

Tower: $3289

Monitor: $959

Card: $ 93

Discount(-)$300

plus tax

that brings us to $4041. Do you mean to tell me that I can only save $56 with my education discount? Screw that!!!

I can buy the thing in Delaware or order it online for no sales tax and probably do better than that.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I could get the education discount (my dad's a teacher) but almost any time I would pick a place with no tax instead of Apple because the Education Discount with tax and everything really isn't that great.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Two words: Developer Discounts :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    No one else finds this FUBAR?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Trekkie:

<strong>Two words: Developer Discounts :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

yea, see my problem. select members get it when they renew. I did not know that so when my membership expired and I waited a few weeks to sign up again I didn't realize that I would lose my ability to get a hardware discount