Who is going to MWSF?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well I am 99% sure now!!!! All I need is a plane ticket! I can not wait? Any other of you guys going to be there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Not me. I'm a couple thousand kilometres away and I have university fees to pay.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    If someone wants to buy me a plane ticket to California I'll go
  • Reply 3 of 31
    solosolo Posts: 89member
    yo soy. it's only about a 20 min drive from my house
  • Reply 4 of 31
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I am going, but only the 10 and 11. :o

Kenneth
  • Reply 5 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Problem I am facing...

1.) go to MWSF. spend a ton on plane tickets, passes, hotels, food, etc and stare at new products

or

2.) stay home, watch the keynote at the Apple Market Center in Manhatten and possibly buy new products with money savef from not going there.

it's a rather hard choice because I really want to go
  • Reply 6 of 31
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It's in my backyard...$5.50 by train and the courtesy bus will take me right up to the entrance of the Moscone Center.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    [quote]2.) stay home, watch the keynote at the Apple Market Center in Manhatten and possibly buy new products with money savef from not going there.<hr></blockquote>

I'd suggest going this route. There's sure to be a lot of cool stuff at MWSF, but the keynote itself is honestly better over TV/satellite/stream, since "normal" people don't get the best seats. Those are reserved for Apple VIPs and (ahem) Press.

There might be a lot of cool stuff coming out at SF, so it's probably better to save up to buy some of it rather than just play with it for a few days. Then you can go to MWNY in July.

At least, that's what I usually do, but since you're from NYC as well, I thought I'd chime in.

&lt;edit&gt;

Oh yeah, had a question for you -- how do they do the Apple Market Center stream? Do they just let anyone go there? I've never bothered investigating, but it looks interesting.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: gorgonzola ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 31
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    My friend's going and he's even going to the Stevenote!
  • Reply 9 of 31
    I wish I was. Classes start the next day, I can't drive to Southern California that fast.
  • Reply 10 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>It's in my backyard...$5.50 by train and the courtesy bus will take me right up to the entrance of the Moscone Center. </strong><hr></blockquote>

hehe it is not in my back yard but it is in my aunts! I am going to take that train and bus also. I will see you there. Last year it was a train full of mac junkyes it was great

Apple nut, you should definetly go! I whent last year for the first time and it was SO much fun!! The keynote is a blast (I got a great seat, 8th row, you just have to work your way to the meida seating there were plenty of open seats).
  • Reply 11 of 31
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:

<strong>

Apple nut, you should definetly go! I whent last year for the first time and it was SO much fun!! The keynote is a blast (I got a great seat, 8th row, you just have to work your way to the meida seating there were plenty of open seats).</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think he's better off not going and saving the money so he can spend it on what comes out.

Anyway, he can always go to MWNY.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:

<strong>

hehe it is not in my back yard but it is in my aunts! I am going to take that train and bus also. I will see you there. Last year it was a train full of mac junkyes it was great

Apple nut, you should definetly go! I whent last year for the first time and it was SO much fun!! The keynote is a blast (I got a great seat, 8th row, you just have to work your way to the meida seating there were plenty of open seats).</strong><hr></blockquote>

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: scooter ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 31
    [quote]I'd suggest going this route. There's sure to be a lot of cool stuff at MWSF, but the keynote itself is honestly better over TV/satellite/stream, since "normal" people don't get the best seats. Those are reserved for Apple VIPs and (ahem) Press.

There might be a lot of cool stuff coming out at SF, so it's probably better to save up to buy some of it rather than just play with it for a few days. Then you can go to MWNY in July.

At least, that's what I usually do, but since you're from NYC as well, I thought I'd chime in. <hr></blockquote>

yea, have to agree, that makes the mos sense unfortunately.

[quote]

Oh yeah, had a question for you -- how do they do the Apple Market Center stream? Do they just let anyone go there? I've never bothered investigating, but it looks interesting. <hr></blockquote>

it shows up in the seminars list at <a href="http://seminars.apple.com"; target="_blank">http://seminars.apple.com</a>; a few weeks before the show. Just fill out the form and you get your "ticket". I've gone to several there and other than the traditional technical problem (they NEVER know how to get the sound on for the first part of the show) its been great.

[quote]

Apple nut, you should definetly go! I whent last year for the first time and it was SO much fun!! The keynote is a blast (I got a great seat, 8th row, you just have to work your way to the meida seating there were plenty of open seats). <hr></blockquote>

hey, you're talking to the guy who was first online for MWNY two years in a row. you don't need to tell me about how to get good seats

it just is too much money to go
  • Reply 14 of 31
    I beleive I'm going, and I'm only 13!

Heh, oh yeah I went last year it was awesome.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by blue7500:

<strong>I beleive I'm going, and I'm only 13!

Heh, oh yeah I went last year it was awesome.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Newbie question regarding MWSF-Keynote seats are on a first come basis-how early do I need to get to Moscone on Tuesday in order to be sure to get a decent seat?
  • Reply 16 of 31
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    ahh someone pay for my bart ticket!!!!!! hehehe . i'm soooo there too bad i have to rush after school waste like 4.50 round trip, porblay arrive like 4 something.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by scooter:

<strong>

Newbie question regarding MWSF-Keynote seats are on a first come basis-how early do I need to get to Moscone on Tuesday in order to be sure to get a decent seat?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You should get there pretty early. The Line get BIG QUICK!!! I am going to try to get there a 5:00 mabe 6:00. Last year they blew it and every one was broght into the center and quoled up in a hug room with doors on one end. and with out warning they sudenly opened all the doors, so the first person in line had the same chance of getting front roe seats as the the last person. It saw a FUC|&lt;ING Dumb!!! I kinda looked around confused and then stared runign and pushing as fast as I could!! I got 8th row seats!
  • Reply 18 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by scooter:

<strong>

Newbie question regarding MWSF-Keynote seats are on a first come basis-how early do I need to get to Moscone on Tuesday in order to be sure to get a decent seat?</strong><hr></blockquote>

by 7 and you're fine. there really isn't much difference between going at 5 and 7 than just having a good tme being a nut.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

by 7 and you're fine. there really isn't much difference between going at 5 and 7 than just having a good tme being a nut.</strong><hr></blockquote>

OK-I'm there! Thanks.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]hey, you're talking to the guy who was first online for MWNY two years in a row. you don't need to tell me about how to get good seats <hr></blockquote>

Hey, don't forget about me. I was right up at the front of the line too. (i just didn't get there at 1:30 AM or whatever ungodly hour you showed up.)

I'm not going to MWSF. I'm going to MWNY in the summer, though. I always go to the east coast shows. They can't be missed.