My friend's Combo Drive iBook order

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My friend ordered a Combo Drive iBook from the apple store online 3 weeks ago and the only thing he added was an Airport card. Anyway, 3 weeks have gone by and no iBook. It is still being assembled in Taiwan. He got a free printer cause he bitched at the Apple guys but what the hell is going on?????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I feel his pain. Last Friday I ordered a completely stock iBook DVD from the Apple store here in the UK. It said 1 day build on it. I also got virtual PC at the same time (educational discount) with a 2 day wait. Okay, 3 days later it still said "being assembled". I needed it before Friday (today), so I called. Virtual PC was allegedly holding it up. Request for info placed. Told to call back later.

Apple Store order info was now duplicated (two entries). Then later that day it wouldn't load at all. I called back: It would ship on Thursday morning. Okay!

Looked at the order status: Still allegedly being assembled. I decided the online info was wrong. Last night I checked again: Shipping. I clicked the order for more info and it said: Virtual PC: No items shipping. iBook: No items shipping.

I have no idea what it means. If it does not arrive by 4pm today I will call. Even if it does arrive, it is clear that their web-order info has some SERIOUS problems!

I hope your friend gets it soon. I hope I get mine soon!

Hewligan
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Hewligan!!!

strange to see your name again

how's that 1400 running?

mine is still going strong, although having problem playing mpg's over 40mb...

got an ibook combo now and still hacking

anyway, when are you coming back to the states again?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Perhaps Apple is looking to revamp the iBook at MWSF?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Perhaps Apple is looking to revamp the iBook at MWSF? </strong><hr></blockquote>

they better freaken not