Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
PowerMac G4 400

256MB RAM

20GB 7200 RPM HD

10GB 5400 RPM HD

Yamaha 16X10X40 CD-RW drive

2 Speakers and subwoofer

Zip drive (haven't used it in a year. don't know if it works)

Contour UniMouse Graphite

Hockey puck mouse

Apple USB Keyboard

G-Riser

Apple Microphone

Virtual PC 3.0 (includes CD)

Tons of software installed on HD

Original packaging and CDs

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: G4Dude ]

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    $1000
  • Reply 2 of 12
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by corvette:

<strong>$1000</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I figured but one more question. Where can I find someone that will actually pay $1000 for it?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Try eBay.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    eBay would be a good place, probably.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    I got $1,850 (Canadian) for my G4 400, 10gb 5,400 and an 80gb 5,400, 17" Apple CRT in trade towards a PowerBook. So it might be worth more than $1k, I don't know though. Just though I'd mention it.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Ybot:

<strong>I got $1,850 (Canadian) for my G4 400, 10gb 5,400 and an 80gb 5,400, 17" Apple CRT in trade towards a PowerBook. So it might be worth more than $1k, I don't know though. Just though I'd mention it. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I'm not selling the display so $1000 seems right. And I can overcharge on shipping. But if I do sell it with the Studio Display 17 (CRT) then I get $200(?) more for it. I wan to sell the G4 to get a cube, a lowend tower (after macworld), or an LCD iMac. What should I do? Sell with the monitor and get an iMac, or sell without monitor and get a tower or cube?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wait and see what the new iMac is going to be. If it IS indeed a G4-based model, why not get a cool all-in-one G4 iMac?

MAN, I wish they were still making the Cube...I'd LOVE to have an 867MHz G4 Cube with a DVD/CD-R combo drive and a 15" Studio Display!

They yanked 'em right when they could've really started to get cool!

• Reply 8 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>Wait and see what the new iMac is going to be. If it IS indeed a G4-based model, why not get a cool all-in-one G4 iMac?

MAN, I wish they were still making the Cube...I'd LOVE to have an 867MHz G4 Cube with a DVD/CD-R combo drive and a 15" Studio Display!

They yanked 'em right when they could've really started to get cool!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think what i'll do is sell the tower and if the iMac is G4, sell the monitor too. So, anybody want a 400mhz G4?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I doubt you'll get higher than 900..

an iMac has better specs than that for 1000 and much better for 499 more, and they come with a monitor
  • Reply 10 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    An 867MHz 7450 would probably melt through the desk it is set up on.

YBot, I have the EXACT same G4 as you just sold. Hmm...maybe I'll sell it. Buy an iBook or something.

I put G4dude's set up at $900...at least that's what I'd buy it for. Then again, instead of saying 34GB HD space, say 3 hard drives, premium sound, wicked fast CD writing etc. and you could get a lot more for it. You have some nice peripherals, but I just wouldn't use them. Do you have the original DVD ROM drive?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>An 867MHz 7450 would probably melt through the desk it is set up on.

YBot, I have the EXACT same G4 as you just sold. Hmm...maybe I'll sell it. Buy an iBook or something.

I put G4dude's set up at $900...at least that's what I'd buy it for. Then again, instead of saying 34GB HD space, say 3 hard drives, premium sound, wicked fast CD writing etc. and you could get a lot more for it. You have some nice peripherals, but I just wouldn't use them. Do you have the original DVD ROM drive?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, I sold the original DVD ROM. Oops.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>

No, I sold the original DVD ROM. Oops.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mods, please lock this thread