No payment loan

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone else notice that the no payments for 180 days on loans at the apple store expires january 8? Funny. here's the button for it:

Apply now for the Apple Instant Loan and enjoy no interest or payments for 180 days**. Applying is quick and easy. But hurry. This offer ends January 8, 2002.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Gigawire ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    The loan in Canada is only up to 90 days no payment

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 10
    This doesn't belong in Future Hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    I think the implication is that the Jan. 8th deadline means new hardware.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    But then it would be January 7.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    gfeiergfeier Posts: 127member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>The loan in Canada is only up to 90 days no payment </strong><hr></blockquote>

Must have something to do with the exchange rate.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    CNNFN breaking news, January 7.:

[quote]Today customers at Apple Computers [NASDAQ: AAPL] homepage store applied for the largest total loan ever in US banking history. It started right after the CEO of Apple Computers Steve Jobs revealed their new desk top set up at the annual MacWorld keynote. The keynote was moved up one day just one month ago but a promotion "buy now - pay later" campaign that should clear out their old inventory didn´t get its end date changed. The new iMac and PowerMac computers released today have already reached 6 month delivering time due to the 1 million orders placed today due to the slip at Apple HQ<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Heh.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>CNNFN breaking news, January 7.:

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Amen
  • Reply 9 of 10
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    The new hardware could introduced 1/7 but easily be offered for sale after the offer expires.

Who has betting blood in them? Think there's going to be G5's, get your 180 days no interest, no payments before the keynote.

"Apple Instant Loans up to $25,000 are available to qualified customers with a choice of four repayment terms: 24, 36, 48 and 60 months. Customers can access their account without reapplying for a loan, enabling future purchases of Apple products with ease"
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I applied for the loan, and was approved. You don't have to spend the loan immediately, you actually have a full year from the date the loan is instated to use it, and you can still qualify for the 180 days without payment or interest if you use it within six months after it's issued.

So I could almost wait until Macworld Expo NY to use it and still get the free period. If anyone wants to take advantage of this loan, I recommend you sign up for it now and just sit on it until January 8th, that's what I'm doing!

ciao,

michael