Thay Said It

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://://www.macuser.co.uk/Mconnor/php3/openframe.php3?page=newnews/newsarticle.php3?id=1632"; target="_blank">MacUser UK</a>

They said it - 2001 in quotation

The people in the know tell it how it is...

'It looks like a great product. It's only for Macintosh?' Newsweek records Bill Gates' response to the iPod.

'It was a wrong concept - fabulously implemented.' Steve Jobs laments the sad demise of the Cube.

'I have four words for you. I love this company.' Microsoft CEO Steve 'monkey-boy' Ballmer demonstrates how to whip up a crowd.

'Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers...' Ballmer again. That'll be 'developers' then Steve?

'When we release information to the developers it leaks to the press.' Apple explains its reluctance to keep developers abreast of OS X 10.1.

'If you want to see when [an LCD iMac] would be conceivable, chart the price of flat panels for the last 18 months, and draw a slope that shows you where it will be over the next 18 months, and you might have an idea.' New York Times columnist David Pogue paraphrases Apple's Phil Schiller. January 2002 then Phil?

'Steve is one of those heroic guys whose accomplishments are of such epic proportions....' Oracle's Larry Ellison eulogises Steve Jobs

'Bill Gates is a huge Mac fan....' Kevin Browne, head of the Microsoft Macintosh Business Unit.

'Now its time for a bio-break' Apple software whizz Avie Tevanian takes time out for what the rest of us call a coffee-break.

'Join us for the unveiling of a breakthrough digital device. (Hint it's not a Mac).' Invitation to Apple UK press event for the iPod.

'We ****ed up. We ****ed up big time.' Steve Jobs explains Apple's poor financial results back in January.

'We just blew this one. It will be fixed soon.' Steve Jobs admits back in January Apple got it wrong by not shipping CD-RW drives in any of the Mac range.

'The best consumer IT magazine in the UK - MacUser - I mean Macworld.' Stephen Fry at the Macworld awards.