Cannot mirror iPad mini with Netflix using AirPlay on AppleTV 2

Posted:
in iPad edited April 2014

Netflix worked just a few days ago, when mirrored using AirPlay.

5.1 surround was supported as well.

Now I get the message "doesn't support this display" or "this display is not supported" or something like that. The app works if I don't mirror the iPad, but video quality is no where near as good and 5.1 surround isn't supported.

By the way, the app mirrors my iPad on the screen during the movie choice. Once I choose to play a movie, the TV and iPad show the "wait" icon, and then the message pops up and the movie quits and goes back to Netflix main page.

Have tried several solutions:

Manual tc/ip setup - no go

Rebooting AppleTV - no go

Rebooting iPad mini - no go.

I can mirror Amazon Prime Instant video, Hulu, YouTube, NOVA, but not Netflix. Did Netflix just do an update of their app? Can't think of anything else.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Andrew Alix View Post

The app works if I don't mirror the iPad, but video quality is no where near as good and 5.1 surround isn't supported.

That sounds completely wrong. The native channel should work better than AirPlay. How’s your stuff set up?

• Reply 2 of 2

I'm talking about using airplay, but turning off mirroring. That way the iPad goes blank and the screen is put on the TV. I didn't seem to get good sound that way, and the display was terrible due to low resolution. My TV supports 1080p.

It's been the default set up from the beginning and it worked before. Haven't actually looked at it for a week, due to lack of time. Will try again. in a few days.

I'm going to try to set up the DNS server to Google's (8.8.8.8) and see what happens. I read that going direct through the Google DNS server works.