Has anyone else ordered an iBook 14?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who has ordered one and have this eerie feeling that finally after close to 4 years that I have been waiting to get a new Mac, I will get a crap 'one-time' model that will go down in Apple history as the worst Mac in the Jobs era.

I SHOULD be getting mine by end of next week or the Monday after.... I am dying with impatience here...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Looks like you are the only odd on this planet
  • Reply 2 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Think Different.

Enjoy your new iBook. It looks like a GREAT machine.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Don't worry about it. Even if it doesn't stay around for a while, it'll be a collectors item
  • Reply 4 of 9
    When I heard them announced, I was pretty sure I was going to sell my 12" iBook 600 combo and buy one of the 14" new ones. But after I found out the 1024x768 resolution stayed the same, and that the new ones were over a pound heavier, I changed my mind.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    If it makes you feel any better I almost ordered one, only I got a sweet deal on a TiBook. I still think the 14" iBook is a great machine and would choose it over the 12" model.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I would take a 14 over a 12 anyday. I think I can bear the load of an extra pound.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I think I'd scrape together the extra $500 if possible, and get the TiBook.

SdC
  • Reply 8 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>I think I'd scrape together the extra $500 if possible, and get the TiBook.

SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's probably what I'd do too.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Hehe... well, at least got a few fun replies... ah well, looks like I'll be stuck with a collectors item.

BTW, I would also get the TiBook, but I need something that can take a lot of moving around, etc.

Dammit... I hate lingering doubts