Pink iBooks?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Did anyone else see the pink iBook on '24' tonight? Looks just like the white ones, except with a pink hue.

Not my cup of tea, but it might appeal to some.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I think your TVs color settings are whacked.

There was an orange iBook out once.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    tmatma Posts: 76member
    An original 'handbag' styled iBook or one of the 'iceBooks' ?

Some people have customised there icebooks by stripping off the white colour with paint remover and adding there own patterns. The one I saw was Flower Power (which actually looked quite good on an iBook) Maybe it was something like that?

TMA
  • Reply 3 of 14
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I LOVE that stand for the iBook. How about that stand, with an iBook on it, and a transparent window for seeing the spinning CD instead of a keyboard and trackpad? Wow that is one cool stand. Must buy!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    My TV settings aren't whacked. My 32" Sony works fine with Direct TV. The iBook was one of the newer models (icebook) and the apple logo shown through as white.

The scene was in a darkened room, so the lighting may have been off, a bit, but it definitely looked pink.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Damn, that Flower Power iBook looks a lot better than the iMacs did.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    markmark Posts: 143member
    Neat - you can slide any image under the iBook cover after stripping off the white. Hmm.

The 'trip-hop' iMac patterns look odd this way, though - I can see why Apple baked them into the iMac plastic rather than rely on appliques. Oh well; çhacon son gout...

(Gasp!) How about an all-'Flower Power' lineup next month?

Flower Power G5 Tower! I'd buy it for the name alone.

Cheers,

Mark.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Mark ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Does it come with an Apple Tie-Dye shirt and your own bag of weed?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    markmark Posts: 143member
    Silly.

BTO @ the Apple Store.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Back to the pink ibook.

"24" is supposed to have a repeat (rerun) on Friday. Check it out.The character who is playing the wife of the presidential candidate is typing on a pink ibook.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    It was just the lighting in the scene.

The ibook is reflective white... which REFLECTS the colors around it. (ie - furniture, clothing, skin, lighting....)
  • Reply 11 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by the great gonzo:

<strong>It was just the lighting in the scene.

The ibook is reflective white... which REFLECTS the colors around it. (ie - furniture, clothing, skin, lighting....)</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I suspected. Makes total sense.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    macI would love to make my iBook a blue dalmation one. Put I do not have the guts to open my iBook and remove the white. what if i mess up? I would be pissed. and that flower power one would look a lot better if it rapped around the sides of it and it was on the bottem.

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/mikesicons/Menu3.html"; target="_blank"></a>
  • Reply 13 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, there is no pink iBook, man. First off, WHY?

Bad lighting, TV lighting, colored lighting, etc. can make anything look different than it really is.

The only possible scenario where this MIGHT be true is if whoever owns the iBook on the show has indeed stripped it and given it a homemade, warranty-voiding paintjob like I've seen people do with laptops and computers.

But it CERTAINLY isn't an Apple-created, "secret" iBook that it "hidden from the world" or something like that.

Lighting or a homemade paintjob. And I'm betting on the lighting.

That one clown at AI, about a year-and-a-half ago or thereabouts, who SWORE he saw a new iMac color on a TV commercial. We damn near had to beat him to death, convincing him it was tangerine with funky lighting.

All these people out there, thinking they're accidentally stumbling across unreleased Apple products on TV shows and movies need to grab the reins. The most secretive, tight-lipped computer company in the universe is NOT going to casually fling their unannounced goodies around to be shown on the WB or in Halle Berry's latest cinematic masterpiece.

Hell, the damn Macworld Expo keynotes rival the Pentagon in their top secret goings on.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    I was wrong.

I caught part of the rerun and the icebook looked a shade different due to lighting. In fact, in one scene it looks whiter, but a moment later, when the lights aren't as bright it looks pink.

I stand corrected.

By the way... Pscates or Pisoffees or whatever, your condescending, demeaning, 'better than thou' response goes a long way to encouraging people to avoid this forum - especially those of us who have a life and don't spend every waking minute online.

I thought this forum was for speculation and rumors about future hardware. I personally enjoy the speculation and guesswork. Next time I'll get a signed affidavit by Steve Jobs verifying that my rumor is correct.