ChumpUSA report card

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just went to my local CompUSA in Freehold, NJ and it was anything but perfect. The display itself wasn't to bad but several machines were having problems. It really annoyed me. The Classic iMacs and PowerMacs were okay it seemed.

1. A Powerbook right at the front of the display had a very bad screen and a few broken keys.

2. A iBook had broken keys and the track pad seemed broken.

3. A second Powerbook kept blinking on and off , but it might have been a low battery.

I put the bad units to sleep and set up the good iBook and Powerbook as best I could but I guess that store doesn't have a Apple person. It really made me mad and I think it was because it was so needless. They had plenty of display units and could have gotten rid of the bad ones.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: imacSE ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    At the Palisades CompUSA they used to have an iBook that had pretty much the whole keyboard broken. For some reason the iBook is always a mess but the TiBook is always fine.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    You know the metal holder that the powerbook is kept in? Once when I was in compusa, some idiot decided to see how strong the powerbook hinges were so he bent the sceen forward against the metal holder.

Guess what happened.

The screen snapped and no more powerbook. They should have arrested the schmuck.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Did anyone at CompUSA do anything to that guy? Or did he just walk away like nothing happened.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Did anyone at CompUSA do anything to that guy? Or did he just walk away like nothing happened.</strong><hr></blockquote>

He put the screen back up so it looked like nothing happened to it, then he walked away. I hate compusa.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Shit, that's horrible. Another reason to hate CompUSA.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by corvette:

<strong>

He put the screen back up so it looked like nothing happened to it, then he walked away. I hate compusa.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would have smacked the guy
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Would that CompUSA in Freehold happen to be the one across from the Freehold Mall? It used to be a different computer store, and CompUSA bought them out.

It was sooooo terrible. Really the WORST CompUSA I've ever been too. I haven't been there in a year or so but it was a mess back then.

EmAn, our CompUSA in Palisades is GOLD compared to that one. heh
  • Reply 8 of 14
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>Would that CompUSA in Freehold happen to be the one across from the Freehold Mall? It used to be a different computer store, and CompUSA bought them out.

It was sooooo terrible. Really the WORST CompUSA I've ever been too. I haven't been there in a year or so but it was a mess back then.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep that's it. The Powerbook was really horrible looking and it was right up front. As I said what made me mad is that it was so needless. They have enough machines to display the iBooks and PowerBooks.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Double post.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: imacSE ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

EmAn, our CompUSA in Palisades is GOLD compared to that one. heh</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh God, if that's the case then that NJ store must be like a hell hole.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

I would have smacked the guy</strong><hr></blockquote>

He was a big middle aged man.

And im not yet.. thank god.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Our CompUSA has improved alot since '98 when I bought my first Mac there. Back then the sales people would do just about anything to discourage a first time buyer from buying a Mac. I don't know what change their attitude, maybe they saw how cool Macs are.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by corvette:

<strong>

He was a big middle aged man.

And im not yet.. thank god.</strong><hr></blockquote>

that is more of a reason to confront him.... I mean a kid I could understand ****ing around, but an adult?! They should be taking responsibility for their actions... It would ahve mande the call easyer IMO to get on his ass... Its not like he is going to beat anyone up or anything... And as soon as someone finds out what he did, you could have even gotten free stuff for stopping him (note: not actually hitting him, b/c then you have a lawsuit on your hands...)
  • Reply 14 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>Our CompUSA has improved alot since '98 when I bought my first Mac there. Back then the sales people would do just about anything to discourage a first time buyer from buying a Mac. I don't know what change their attitude, maybe they saw how cool Macs are. </strong><hr></blockquote>

That or maybe they just got better employees. But what you said sounds better