iPhone Mini

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited June 2014

I'd like to see Apple release an iPhone mini...  one that fits in my pocket like my silly flip phone does.. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Oh no… I’ve fallen through a 6th dimensional rift back into 2008… 

Wait, this is good. This is when I started hating myself! I can fix that now! I just need to… fly to Ireland. Having no money to my name. And… with a fake passport, because my real one is with me over there already… Never mind, can’t fix it. :( 

Oh, smaller phone. I dunno; As long as they keep the 4” that should be okay, right? If it keeps getting thinner, it will almost be the same.

• Reply 2 of 11
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    mike fix wrote: »
    I'd like to see Apple release an iPhone mini...  one that fits in my pocket like my silly flip phone does.. 

I'd like to place myself into this category. I really would love to see Apple deliver a phone that is just a bit smaller than my iPhone 4. When I want a bigger screen I really want an iPad sized device.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member

Why in the world would one what to downsize a smartphone.  Just go back to a flip phone like a Motorola Razr.  You are asking for current trends of larger 5.5" phones to stop just because you don't seem to use the data function on your phone.  Will, you can get a feature phones that are 3"-3.5" for about $40-$60 U.S dollars.   They are not found in the U.S. but can be purchased online.  They are marketed to developing countries like Africa, parts of Mideast and India.  

• Reply 4 of 11
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    harry wild wrote: »
    Why in the world would one what to downsize a smartphone.
    Maybe because I don't want to look like an idiot with a gigantic phone in my pocket. I would imagine you have a fanny pack for your big phone, but we all know what fanny packs are associated with.

Just go back to a flip phone like a Motorola Razr.  You are asking for current trends of larger 5.5" phones to stop just because you don't seem to use the data function on your phone. 
    Nobody said that. Personally though I use my iPad when it makes sense because no matter what you do with a phone it will never be big enough to do what can be done on an iPad.
    Will, you can get a feature phones that are 3"-3.5" for about $40-$60 U.S dollars.   They are not found in the U.S. but can be purchased online.  They are marketed to developing countries like Africa, parts of Mideast and India.  

Which would be totally useless.
  • Reply 5 of 11

5.5" is not big!  Just look at how many people are using the Note 3 and the new LG is 5.5".  Sales in the 5" is the majority of phones in 2013!  You see that if you just open your eyes and look at the size people are using.  The 4" is the smallest phone available now - especially in the U.S. marketplace.  The next smallest is a 4.3" and then 4.5".

• Reply 6 of 11
    Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

5.5" is not big!

Too big to be used as a phone or with one hand. So that’s the use case out the window.

Just look at how many people are using the Note 3 and the new LG is 5.5".

Ludicrously few.

Sales in the 5" is the majority of phones in 2013!

This is completely and utterly wrong and has never been correct.

You see that if you just open your eyes and look at the size people are using.

No, your anecdotes (lying anecdotes) do not reflect reality.

The 4" is the smallest phone available now - especially in the U.S. marketplace.

Also wrong.

The next smallest is a 4.3" and then 4.5". 

Going for a record?

• Reply 7 of 11
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member

I should of said "smartphone" and not flip phones or feature phones.  You can buy still the iPhone 4S, which is 3.5"!  But my guess is that it will be discontinue shortly when the iPhone 6 is release since it is sold mostly to developing countries.  If I were you; I just buy 3 - 4S iPhones and you should be good for 15 years of operation.  Of course, you might not be able to get much viewing of QHD streaming and 4K video content that is suppose to be available in the next 3 to 5 years since the 4S is only 3G and no 4G or LTE and has Wi-Fi of 802.11n!  But you got the small 3.5" size which is the top priority for you!   

• Reply 8 of 11

I should of said "smartphone" and not flip phones or feature phones.

Still not right. A quick search pulls up Android phones of all sizes, down to even below this, still for sale.

If I were you

Not at all the point being made and you know it. Try reading posts before replying.

• Reply 9 of 11

Here is the specs from your link:

3.5 Inch Discovery V5 Shockproof Dustproof Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 Smartphone Orange will not only enable you to easily keep in touch with others but also give you an all-round entertainment for you to enjoy a lot of wonderful videos and funny games. Moreover, you can surf the Internet via the WIFI function. It's your best entertainment experience on the go in a handheld device.

Highlights

• Dual SIM cards / Unlocked and quad band for worldwide use

• Network support: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

• 3.5 inch Touchscreen

• WiFi 802.11b/g/n Wireless network. Bluetooth 2.1

• CPU: Spreadtrum SC8810, 1.0GHz Cortex A5

• Storage: 256MB RAM+256MB 256MB ROM

• Dual Cameras Front 0.3MP/ Rear 5.0MP support video record

• Google Play/ Support APK apps.

• Facebook, Twitter, Play Store, Messenger & More.

Look at the CPU, RAM and Storage!  The camera is custom made for you too! Android is version 2.3! Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It exactly want you should be getting or in other words - it up your alley!  LOL!

• Reply 10 of 11

Here is the specs from your link:

‘Kay. And? You’re just making my point for me now.

• Reply 11 of 11
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post

And I'd like to be able to print money.  Neither will happen, and neither is a very good idea.