Having A Mac Lover For A School Librarian is SOOO Cool

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
She gets us all really good discounts on any hardware we want to buy and she has the library filled with Macs when the other 150+ computers at our high school are PeeCees. She also, with her own money, bought two AirPort base stations for the library. Two weeks ago, someone stole a Pro Mouse from the school library and the librarian closed the library until the mouse was returned. Too bad it took a week to get it back though.

Damn, we need more librarians like this

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    That truely does kick ass. That's the only problem with macs is they are so nice you don't want anyone messing them up ya know? With a PC it's no big deal if I write in pencil "Winblows 98". What type of Macs are in the library? Our library has no-name Pentium MMX computers with monitors that give me a headache!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    You're really lucky. The library in my old school had some Macs and some PCs. The library in my high school has all PCs, and not just any PCs, they're Dells
  • Reply 3 of 13
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Ditto. My whole school is all Dells.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>She gets us all really good discounts on any hardware we want to buy and she has the library filled with Macs when the other 150+ computers at our high school are PeeCees. She also, with her own money, bought two AirPort base stations for the library. Two weeks ago, someone stole a Pro Mouse from the school library and the librarian closed the library until the mouse was returned. Too bad it took a week to get it back though.

Damn, we need more librarians like this</strong><hr></blockquote>

ah... I guess you would have liked to go to school where my mom is the assistant principal . Let's just say that her school can't get much more "appleized"

how does she get the students hardware discounts?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    What school do you go to G4Dude?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nostradamus:

<strong>What school do you go to G4Dude?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess I'm inviting stalkers by doing this but here: <a href="http://www.catlin.edu"; target="_blank">This is my school</a>

Also, I have no idea how she gets the hardware discounts she does. They are below education prices. Answering a earlier question, we have 6 iMacs (2 Flower Power ) a Pismo, and 2 667 PowerBook G4's
  • Reply 7 of 13
    neomacneomac Posts: 145member
    [quote] Having A Mac Lover For A School Librarian is SOOO Cool <hr></blockquote>

is it just me or did that thread topic make you think he's banging a librarian?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    But is she hot? You should start "macin'" on her and see if anything happens. Tell her that you know lots about Macs and if she's interested you could give her a personal tutorial session on Firewire hard drives and how to keep the load on the processor consistent...huh, huh, huh he he, I said "load"!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    My school librarians are Macheads too! We have all iMacs in there, although they are not well equipped or set up.

Whenever I walk in to the library they get all excited. I always help em out or ask for an Apple related article from the periodicles section.

The day the Time magazine came out I walked in and they were like, "We know why you are here."

LOL!

They were all giddy when I told them I bought the new iMac!

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 13
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>My school librarians are Macheads too! We have all iMacs in there, although they are not well equipped or set up.

Whenever I walk in to the library they get all excited. I always help em out or ask for an Apple related article from the periodicles section.

The day the Time magazine came out I walked in and they were like, "We know why you are here."

LOL!

They were all giddy when I told them I bought the new iMac!

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mine was all "you HAVE to write me a report on how you like your new iMac, I'll make sure your english teacher gives extra credit for it!"

JD- There is no way I'm gonna hit on the librarian. She's 50+, is like 4' 10", and is goin out with the 300+lb Nazi music teacher!

you bring up something interesting though. My school has an extreme lack of hot teachers, there are exactly 0 of them.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Hey G4Dude, since you are so close to Steve's old school, do you know if their new computer lab (funded by his Jobs-ness) is finished yet? I went by there over a year ago and some students mentioned that Jobs was donating to them a whole new computer building. To this day the whole area seemed under construction. I'd love to just walk in and see the sight of row upon row of Macs and monitors.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    [quote] My school has an extreme lack of hot teachers, there are exactly 0 of them.

<hr></blockquote>

That's too bad, but not entirely surprising.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    Hey JD, you just need to invite one of them on one of your infamous "6 Martini Lunches," both of you get sauced, and your standards will be lowered and you can have a little half hour detention in the janitor's closet. *wink wink*

edit: oops! That was G4 dude he was quotin'!

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: stimuli ]</p>