Apple begins decorating San Francisco's Moscone Center ahead of next week's WWDC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2014
Construction crews have started the process of preparing San Francisco's Moscone Center for the June 2 opening of Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, with the first banners going up on Tuesday.

As depicted in a photo from Twitter user KielO, the banners mirror the design of Apple's other promotional materials for the event with small, colorful app icon-style rounded squares of varying sizes arranged to form the Apple logo in negative space. They also sport the conference's 2014 slogan, "Write the code. Change the world."

Earlier Tuesday, Apple quietly announced that they would be live streaming the opening keynote to Macs, iOS devices, PCs, and the Apple TV. The company promised "exciting announcements" from the address that will begin live at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern next Monday.

Moscone West as of right now ;) #WWDC14 pic.twitter.com/wtRvSHFk0v

— Paul Ardeleanu (@pardel)

Among the revelations expected during the speech are new details on Apple's next-generation operating systems, including iOS 8 and OS X 10.10. Many believe that iOS 8 will feature a focus on health and fitness tracking as well as a potential push into home automation, while OS X 10.10 is likely to get a Jony Ive-led overhaul of its user interface.

AppleInsider will be on hand at next Monday's keynote and will bring live updates from the conference throughout the week.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 102
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I like that... "Write the code. Change the world."

Very "Jobsian."
  • Reply 2 of 102
    chandra69chandra69 Posts: 638member

Festival starts!  Roll the drums!  

I hope, the lines for iPhones start very early (months before?) with huge number of people and embarrasses Samsung more!

• Reply 3 of 102
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Very "Jobsian."

So much better than 2012's 'Where Great Ideas Go On To Do Great Things'. Ugh...
  • Reply 4 of 102
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member

What other company can get numerous articles on all the tech sites over the posters they use to decorate with, and if they have any hidden meaning?

• Reply 5 of 102
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

• Reply 6 of 102
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

i predict the iWatch will control the iHome

I dont think people want to carry their phone through their home

Though as I walk up to my home controlling certain aspects, lighting and the door locks for example, would be a convenience especially when I'm carrying a bunch of stuff.

Plus the larger screen would provide a better user interface for actual device controls (for ex. I prefer running my set top box off my iPad even versus my iPhone...)

• Reply 7 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

"Yatta!"  —Hiro Nakamura

• Reply 8 of 102
    jonoromjonorom Posts: 293member
    I think the graphic is signaling one of two things:
    1. Resolution independence (note the variable sized pixels)
    2. IOS will be sensing the world beyond your device (the space outside the apple is now rainbow colored)
    You read it here first.
    Jon
  • Reply 9 of 102
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I withdraw my pressure sensitive touch screen theory that I made in the previous thread.

Now that I see the full graphic, that's obviously an Apple, and not a finger as I was led to believe in the cropped image. 

• Reply 10 of 102
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

i predict the iWatch will control the iHome

I dont think people want to carry their phone through their home

Who the hell walks around 'controlling' their house? The idea of house control seems utterly lame to me. I like of some kind of intelligence but air con, heating, alarms, doors, and most of all lights and appliances really do not need much 'controlling' as far as I can see. The management of digital media is a different story.

• Reply 11 of 102
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,463member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

I think the graphic is signaling one of two things:

1. Resolution independence (note the variable sized pixels)

2. IOS will be sensing the world beyond your device (the space outside the apple is now rainbow colored)

You read it here first.

Jon

3. Someone's ass is about to get incinerated by a speeding comet.

• Reply 12 of 102
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

Very "Jobsian."

Big change from WWDC 96. It was more like, "Thanks for coming, Here's Steve Jobs, who will be special advisor to CEO Gil Amelio to tell you how Apple is gonna take on Windows with NeXTStep, the foundation of Rhapsody, the next version of Mac OS."
  • Reply 13 of 102
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

"Write the code. Change the world."

HACK THE PLANET !!

• Reply 14 of 102
    djd214djd214 Posts: 31member
    Well If Apple is calling it 10.10 they need to go back to school. If these tech journalists are the ones calling it 10.10, 10.1, 10.100000, it doesn't matter how many zeros are behind it, is still 10.1 Puma
  • Reply 15 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djd214 View Post

Well If Apple is calling it 10.10 they need to go back to school. If these tech journalists are the ones calling it 10.10, 10.1, 10.100000, it doesn't matter how many zeros are behind it, is still 10.1 Puma

Get Bo Derek to deliver the keynote... (the kids won't 'get' that one).

• Reply 16 of 102
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Very "Jobsian."

They probably retained many of the same writers.

• Reply 17 of 102
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

The banner is done in grids and different colors clearly indicating its an app store for the Apple TV- you'd be blind not to see it

• Reply 18 of 102

W R I T E T H E C O D E C H A N G E T H E W O R L D

ITCAHW

IWATCH

You're welcome

• Reply 19 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

W R I T E T H E C O D E C H A N G E T H E W O R L D

ITCAHW

IWATCH

You're welcome

Eureka!

• Reply 20 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

The banner is done in grids and different colors clearly indicating its an app store for the Apple TV- you'd be blind not to see it

Apple TV icons are rectangular, those are square