Apple Events channel now available on Apple TV for WWDC keynote stream

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2014
With only a few hours to go before Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference Keynote, where the company is expected to unveil iOS 8 and OS X 10.10, the "Apple Events" channel for streaming the presentation is now available on Apple TV.

As it has done for previous product unveilings, Apple has made the channel available to all owners of the second- and third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later. Once the presentation begins at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern, users will be able to stream the proceedings live to their HDTV.

Those without an Apple TV will also be able to stream the WWDC 2014 keynote from Apple's website on a Mac using Safari 4 or later, or an iOS device with iOS 4.2 or later.

AppleInsider will also be in attendance, providing live coverage of the keynote as it happens. WWDC runs through Friday, and news from the conference will come throughout the week.

Today's show is expected to be developer centric, focusing on Apple's platforms rather than new hardware. Banners that have been hung at San Francisco's Moscone West have unsurprisingly revealed that new versions of iOS and OS X will be unveiled.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

iBooks Store on the Mac has been playing up for me the last few hours. I wonder if it's just a glitch or if they're rolling something out?

• Reply 2 of 16
    djkikromedjkikrome Posts: 189member
    I think I want to call in to work today. I want to take a fat day.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I see some in the media are making a big deal out of this but last years keynote was streamed live and I believe 2012 was too. I just think WWDC is a big enough event at a big venue and Apple can easily stream it so they do.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    applesauce007applesauce007 Posts: 1,698member

Good to know that the channel is there already.

Looking forward to watching it live with high expectations...

Go Apple...

• Reply 5 of 16
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I see some in the media are making a big deal out of this but last years keynote was streamed live and I believe 2012 was too. I just think WWDC is a big enough event at a big venue and Apple can easily stream it so they do.

When Apple says anything, the world listens.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    djkikrome wrote: »
    I think I want to call in to work today. I want to take a fat day.

I told my boss I had the 9-to-5 flu coupled with chronic indifference¡
  • Reply 7 of 16
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member
    I cannot seen to find the Apple Events channel.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member
    LOL at the sick day comments.

Me? I work 4 10's so I get Monday off anyway. :)
  • Reply 9 of 16
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I told my boss I had the 9-to-5 flu coupled with chronic indifference¡

I'm my own boss, so I gave myself the day off. ????
  • Reply 10 of 16
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member
    The Internet will be on fire today with legions of trolls posting non-stop.

I wonder, do that many losers take the day off to troll, or do they simply have no job? I'm betting the latter.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    When Apple says anything, the world listens.
    oh sure. I'm just saying I don't think the fact Apple is live streaming means something out of the ordinary is happening.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I told everyone I have a conference call at noon.  Door will be closed and locked- and phone will be off the hook.  haha

• Reply 13 of 16
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

The Internet will be on fire today with legions of trolls posting non-stop.

I wonder, do that many losers take the day off to troll, or do they simply have no job? I'm betting the latter.

could they be bitter cause the local Apple store never called them for that interview? 

• Reply 14 of 16
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

The more people that declare this event a disappointment, the more chance it was a great event. I'm still debating where to watch the keynote- I have like 4 groups of people that want me to watch it with them. Decisions decisions. 

PS- Nice to know stock is already on its trajectory downwards in preparation for the impending "dissapointment"..lol. 

• Reply 15 of 16
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I told everyone I have a conference call at noon.  Door will be closed and locked- and phone will be off the hook.  haha

That's similar to what I plan to do. Stick a note outside my door that says "In a videoconference; pls do not disturb." That way, I don't have to bother with headphones either! :D 

• Reply 16 of 16
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

iBooks Store on the Mac has been playing up for me the last few hours. I wonder if it's just a glitch or if they're rolling something out?

Maybe an iBooks that ACTUALLY WORKS AND LETS YOU EDIT METADATA LIKE IT USED TO IN ITUNES BUT HASN’T FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR.

Completely inexcusable, Apple.