what happened to appleinsider

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i remember it used to be the place to go for news and rumors...then it just kina went away..the only thing this site has going for it now is this forum. i come every day hopeing that there will be an update...it was beautiful while it lasted i guess

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    [quote] i come every day hopeing that there will be an update<hr></blockquote>

Thats what I used to do before the black out. The rumor portion of this site has never been a hudge draw. Its always been the forums for the most part. The rumor reports are just icing on the cake.

Edit: Damn you and your double posting!

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Falcon ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 15
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    There's a front page?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    AI has always been more about this board than anything else.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    its a good board, loads of smart people here, and though AI is related to macnn, AI boarsd don't suffer to much macnn user traffic.

I like to think of AI as a sort of elitest message board, cause everone here looks down upon almost all the other rumor sites and there are way more intelligent people here who can ususally deduce logical steps for apples progress and not just wild guesses to get attention.

I do Like as the apple turns alot though, since they are doing it soley to have fun and they have alot of fun doing it
  • Reply 5 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

<strong>its a good board, loads of smart people here, and though AI is related to macnn, AI boarsd don't suffer to much macnn user traffic.

I like to think of AI as a sort of elitest message board, cause everone here looks down upon almost all the other rumor sites and there are way more intelligent people here who can ususally deduce logical steps for apples progress and not just wild guesses to get attention.

I do Like as the apple turns alot though, since they are doing it soley to have fun and they have alot of fun doing it</strong><hr></blockquote>

Elitist board? Funny, I thought anyone with a free email address could register. More intelligent people than other boards? I doubt it, and I think all the boards feel the same way. And it doesn't take much intellegence to put other people and other sites down.

Regarding the Apple Turns. They're very clever how they come out not caring about money etc., but you have to remember every site has an angle.

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: CharlieBrownGirl ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 15
    I've always visted for the message forums. Rumours have never interested me.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>AI has always been more about this board than anything else.</strong>[emphasis added]<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, sure. Because the forums started long before the main page carried rumor articles. Don't talk about things you never knew as if you were an expert. (Can you tell being sick puts me in a bad mood. )

I love these forums. Think Secret and AtAT satisfy my appetite for rumor stories. (Even though the latter isn't officially a rumor site.) However, I would still love for news publication on the main AI page to resume.

Escher
  • Reply 8 of 15
    whatever. There are 12 year old "APPLEINSIDERS" that THINK they know the industry. I am saying that I think this web site is a waste of time and is mostly entertainment. I am no smart industry know it all, I am a 16 year old kid that likes Macs and in my spare boring time I hang here. It really isnt worth it.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Oh, please.

What, are these your "final words" here, Macintosh? I see you're posting the exact same words in multiple threads.

Goodbye.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>What, are these your "final words" here, Macintosh? </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm never that lucky... oh God, please let it be so.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I agree with you, Macintosh. These sites, for the most part (you can pick up some general knowledge) are a complete waste of time. But hey, so is every other leisure activity in life. At least this one you can do naked at 3 am on a Sunday while your boy friend is hogging your bed.

And you do have a pont about the 12 year olds.. Anyone can be Anyone on the Internet (Santa Monica, Savaga Garden :-) ), and it seems the real post-hungry members on this board are in early high school.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: CharlieBrownGirl ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Man everyone hates macintosh

ironic thats his chosen name

So what, He's a harmless kid with a fast internet connection and alot of free time, I don't see why ya always gotta pick on him so much, but then again I'm a nice guy by nature, I try to look around,past,through,and everywhere else about the problem, find the solution, present it, and then everyones happy, rather than forming little units of so and so VS so and so, cause all that causes is unwanted bitterness

BTW, A new hope just ended

I love that movie
  • Reply 13 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

<strong>Man everyone hates macintosh

ironic thats his chosen name

So what, He's a harmless kid with a fast internet connection and alot of free time, I don't see why ya always gotta pick on him so much, but then again I'm a nice guy by nature, I try to look around,past,through,and everywhere else about the problem, find the solution, present it, and then everyones happy, rather than forming little units of so and so VS so and so, cause all that causes is unwanted bitterness

BTW, A new hope just ended

I love that movie</strong><hr></blockquote>

I find it hard to attach emotions to people on the internet -- I don't know how they are in real life. If I was an anthropoligist, I would love to do an ethnography on Macintosh "insiders". I'm sure the "popular posters" lead much more disfunctional lives than the posters who are made fun of/criticized. Another thing: People who say they "hate Yourname.com".. Come on, it's just a web site! I could understand if it was racist/antihomosexual etc, but in relation to the messages on this site, it's just about a machine.

So yeah, to end my semi-bitchy message, I don't hate you Macintosh..
  • Reply 14 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by CharlieBrownGirl:

<strong>I don't hate you Macintosh..</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't hate him. I just think his posts are annoying.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    This thread seems to be degenerating into a member-criticizing session.

Try again.