Apple releases OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks seed with new focus areas, Safari 6.1.5 and OS X Server 3.2 bet

Posted:
in macOS edited June 2014
Apple on Wednesday issued to developers a batch of new betas for the upcoming OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks maintenance update and Safari 6.1.5 with minor changes.

The latest OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks build 13E16 comes two weeks after the first beta was released at the end of May.

Mirroring the OS X 10.9.3 betas, Apple asks developers to focus on Graphics Drivers and Safari, but adds in extra areas of interest in Bluetooth, Audio Drivers, Finder and the App Store.

In the previous seed of Apple's upcoming Mavericks maintenance update, product identifiers pointing to unknown iMac models were discovered in code regarding power management utilities. iMac identifiers "iMac15,1" and "iMac15,n" suggest Apple is preparing to debut at least two next-generation all-in-ones in the near future. Current iMacs hold the "14,1," "14,2," and "14.3" designations.

As for the Safari 6.1.5 seed, Apple's release notes request testers to focus on general website compatibility and extension compatibility.

In addition, the company also seeded the latest OS X Server builds with support for OS X 10.9.4. The new build does not appear to hold any major changes.

Developers can download the latest builds via Apple's Developer Portal or Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    That's weird, I have the developer beta 4.0 OSX Server not 3.2. Yet the dev 10.10 is still not showing up in the apps store even though I have the token from the dev web site.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ai46ai46 Posts: 56member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

That's weird, I have the developer beta 4.0 OSX Server not 3.2. Yet the dev 10.10 is still not showing up in the apps store even though I have the token from the dev web site.

Download using the App Store with the Dev Center token for 10.10. 

• Reply 3 of 6
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Would be nice if they focused on optimization too. Mavericks has great features but it's slow as Windows to boot and shut down. Also like Windows, I've had to force shut down Mavericks when it wouldn't do the shutdown it was told to do. I also find the general responsiveness to be poor compared to Snow Leopard (which boots, shuts down, and runs very fast on the same MacBook Pro).

This is getting obnoxious. I'm LEAVING the Windows platform. Don't turn the Mac platform INTO Windows.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    11001011100101 Posts: 12member
    dysamoria, sounds like you have some odd problems if you need tp force shut down the mac.

1. You really need to check your system, hdd, repair permissions, check software configs, use OnyX maintenance app.

2. Get a SSD.

3. No more complaints.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    10.9 feels like Windows to me too - so buggy and complicated that diagnostics has degraded to fanatics shouting superstition and denial. When a cause can be pinpointed, it usually traces back to blatantly awful engineering at Apple. I can maintain Linux much more easily than 10.9 so that's probably my next OS when 10.6.8 stops being useful.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post

Would be nice if they focused on optimization too. Mavericks has great features but it's slow as Windows to boot and shut down. Also like Windows, I've had to force shut down Mavericks when it wouldn't do the shutdown it was told to do. I also find the general responsiveness to be poor compared to Snow Leopard (which boots, shuts down, and runs very fast on the same MacBook Pro).

This is getting obnoxious. I'm LEAVING the Windows platform. Don't turn the Mac platform INTO Windows.

Actually Windows 8 is extremely quick, boots up in less than 10 seconds on a ThinkPad 8 and that contains an Atom CPU with an average speed mSSD. Not just the boot up times but the entire system is very fluid, even with only 2GB. You really should demo a Windows 8 tablet like the 250 dollar Dell Venue 8 Pro, I'm positive that the one thing you will not complain about is the overall speed, everything else though, wwwweeeellll.