"Jeff Levy on Computers"...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If you guys ever need to reaffirm your faith or be reminded that you are indeed using a superior computer, tune in to this guy's radio show.

<a href="http://www.jefflevy.com"; target="_blank">http://www.jefflevy.com</a>;

Here in SoCal, he does a Saturday morning computer call-in show that is an unbelievable orgy of stupid questions, software "issues", driver incompatibilities, "I can't get my digital camera to work and my CD tray blew up..." insanity.

All the callers are PC/Windows users and the things they have to deal would just wear me out after a couple of days.

I've gotten into the habit of listening to it on Saturday's, just because I feel so damn good afterwards.

During yesterday's show, in the space of about 20 minutes, he had the most unbelievable series of troubleshooting/tech-oriented questions. Stuff that just made me go "I will NEVER, EVER abandon the Mac...".

For those who like to spend their time here bitching about Apple and Macs and whining about MHz and DDR and G5 and blah, blah, blah, do yourself (and me) a favor and listen to this show.

I guarantee you, after a couple of listens you will be ECSTATIC that you own a Mac and live a fairly drama-free computing existence.

This show is a riot. It's a shame what some people will endure in the name of owning a computer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Yeah, I've listenened to him. He's rather anti-Mac from what I've heard. I think he recommended eMachines to everyone.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Anyone who recommends an eMachine to anyone needs to be put in the janitorial services.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    You know what's funny though? We got an eMachines in 1999 from the ASUC, and GHz Athlons donated by Gateway in 2000. The eMachines has been more reliable than any of the Gateways.

I wonder how good Dells are on reliability, since Dell is the market leader...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>If you guys ever need to reaffirm your faith or be reminded that you are indeed using a superior computer, tune in to this guy's radio show.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Everyday that I go into work and logon to my Dell laptop, reaffirms my religious belief in Apple.

• Reply 5 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Was eMachines one of those iMac clone/ripoff companies? Didn't they have a blue & white all-in-one that, uh, "borrowed" heavily from the iMac's design?

I've always believed that there truly is a benefit of owning and using a computer whose hardware, software and even some useful, central apps are all created by the same company.

I've always liked that about Apple, but it's REALLY dawned on me how important and how critical that truly is sometimes.

I think, more than any other factor, that is the most appealing to me, regarding the Mac. It just feels so complete, true and integrated. Not being a full-tilt techie guy and really not into the whole tweaking/troubleshooting thing, I like how Macs just feel "right" and dialed-in.

Listening to Levy's show every Saturday, I'm reminded what my life would be like had I chosen a different computing platform (or career, even).

:eek:

I'll gladly take a beating on MHz and price, if the trade off is that I can have such a joyous, productive and glitch-free computing experience. What good is 1.8GHz for $1100 if you spend 1/3 of your time chasing down all sorts of various software/hardware glitches, incompatibilities, viruses, driver issues, etc.

I don't EVER want to own a computer that makes me feel like I honestly have to waste time calling into a stupid radio talk show to find how how to get the scanner to work or retrieve my e-mail or whatever.

• Reply 6 of 8
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Anyone who recommends an eMachine to anyone needs to be put in the janitorial services.</strong><hr></blockquote>

As a mop.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Anyone who recommends an eMachine to anyone needs to be put in the janitorial services.</strong><hr></blockquote>

screw you.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Funny, how this guy deals with the ass-end of Windows all day but he hates Macs. What an idiot.