Apple, Ericsson, Sun Partnership

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Found this story on MacCentral. <a href="http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0202/12.partners.php"; target="_blank">Apple, Ericsson, Sun Partnership</a> What could it mean?

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: imacSE ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    that apple will work with Ericsson and Sun to create a wireless digital media content delivery system for pdas and cellphones?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    looks like java apps over bluetooth to me.

that's just me, though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Man I was just gonna post that.

Anywho, quicktime on my cell phone!

Nice
  • Reply 4 of 4
    actually, i did a huge report on Ericsson a year ago for a marketing class. their biggest problem is that they have all sorts of great infrastructure, and they were bleeding money left from their cell phone division. (i believe they sold off the production a few years back)

anyway, turns out that they had the same approx. technology as Nokia, but Nokia's phones were just plain sexier. so Nokia was running leaps and bounds ahead of Ericsson.

one of the things we recommened was a partnership with Sony or Apple to work on hardware design, as those two companies tend to have the sexiest hardware out there.

just a thought. i'm sure they aren't related, but so far our report as be right on turn after turn. lol, i'd love if they did this one too.

i think our teacher only gave us a B, he said it was unlikely that Ericsson would go so far, but month after month they've followed one suggestion after another. go figure.