Independence Day sales hit the App Store with Motion Tennis, Infinity Blade, Disney

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2014
iOS gamers can turn their Apple TV into a Wii for free during this long weekend with Motion Tennis for Apple TV, or fight tyrants and titans for half off in the Infinity Blade franchise, while parents can keep their children occupied on the cheap with Disney's 85 percent off sale.

Motion Tennis for Apple TV

Motion Tennis allows gamers to use their iPhone or iPod touch like a Wiimote, swinging it through the air to swat shots while seeing the game itself on their television using Apple's AirPlay technology. No extra hardware is required, though the developers do recommend using a tether of some kind for the device.

The game also boasts multiplayer support, with two players able to connect their iOS devices together to play doubles. Players can choose from three different court surfaces, and the game will report on the approximate calories burned during a session.

Motion Tennis for Apple TV version 1.4 is available now as a free, 50.8-megabyte download from the App Store.

Infinity Blade

The blockbuster Infinity Blade franchise -- in which players use swords to battle bad guys in a 3D fantasy world -- may be as close it gets to a traditional console-style AAA game experience on the App Store. In honor of Independence Day, gamers can purchase each of the game's three editions for half price for a limited time.

Disney

Many of Disney's popular titles for children are on sale during the company's Splash Sale, which lops up to 85 percent off of their everyday prices. Among those on sale are:

Frozen: Storybook Deluxe - $0.99Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Wildlife Count Along - $0.99Tangled: Storybook Deluxe - $0.99Disney Princess Royal Salon - $0.99Princess Dress-Up: My Sticker Book - $0.99Doc McStuffins Paint and Play - $0.99Sofia the First: The Floating Palace - $0.99

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    Apple TV, next console, hmmm
  • Reply 2 of 11
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Apple TV, next console, hmmm

With the whole A7+ and Metal we might see more games supporting AirPlay modes like this one. So yes the Apple TV would be a kind of console. Without even having to have the games loaded on it.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Anyone tried Motion Tennis?

• Reply 4 of 11
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    I got motion tennis a while ago and played it with ATV through 42" Plasma. It's a bit poor. But there's potential with a better iPhone (currently on 4s) and an up to day ATV. I use real racing through same setup but there's a noticeable lag which is annoyingly disturbing.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    zaba wrote: »
    I got motion tennis a while ago and played it with ATV through 42" Plasma. It's a bit poor. But there's potential with a better iPhone (currently on 4s) and an up to day ATV. I use real racing through same setup but there's a noticeable lag which is annoyingly disturbing.

Playing any of the latest games on old tech is always less than optimal and not an indicator of the performance possible when used on the latest equipment. That's always been the case and no doubt always will be and hardly worth mentioning.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Playing any of the latest games on old tech is always less than optimal and not an indicator of the performance possible when used on the latest equipment. That's always been the case and no doubt always will be and hardly worth mentioning.

I've played some brand new games from my latest gen iPad to my latest gen AppleTV though and they don't always play well (lag, etc.)

Infinity Blade didn't lag, but jeez what an awful game!  I was always curious about it but didn't want to pay, so I nabbed it for free the other day when they had a one day special and I don't see what all the fuss is about.  All you have to do is literally slide your finger back and forth or up and down as fast as possible, and you win every single fight.  No skill required.  At all.  

• Reply 7 of 11
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    Thank you so much.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    paxman wrote: »
    Anyone tried Motion Tennis?

Just tried it with my 5s on older Apple TV. Pretty bad lag, ie useless. Maybe if I had the newer appletv wifi ac router etc it would be better. Any takers out there with the latest wifi and Apple TV?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    boeyc15 wrote: »
    Just tried it with my 5s on older Apple TV. Pretty bad lag, ie useless. Maybe if I had the newer appletv wifi ac router etc it would be better. Any takers out there with the latest wifi and Apple TV?
    I'll use tomorrow on my 5S, ATV3, and new AC time Capsule (both are hardwired). Although the AC won't matter as the ATV 3 and iPhone 5S is just N and not AC.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Isn’t it kinda creepy that every holiday screams out SALES, SALES etc

Isn’t their purpose for remembrance, and for families to get together and do something, together. Maybe even for a pause to thoughtful thinking? Maybe a rest from the commercial world?

No, I’m not high*,

Namaste and care, neighbours/ I mean neighbors, :)

mhikl

- dang my check-spell sometimes.

*yet.

?and my posts seem stuck at 432?

oops, back to thoughtful thinking.

• Reply 11 of 11
    my neigbour got a very cool Toyota Sequoia by working parttime off of a pc... you could try this out>>>>>>>>>>>www.jobsblaze.com