My iphone 5s 16G (AT&T) seems its been tampered with

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited August 2014

Hello,

Hello,

I need some information about iphone hacking.  I have an iphone 5s 16g (AT&T) with the latest IOS 7.1.2 installed.  The first incident occurred few months ago when the phone suddenly made a random beep noise early in the morning around 5:00am.  I first thought that I accidentally set the alarm wrong, but after going through the alarm setting I noticed that the alarm was not even on.  I later discovered that someone hacked my icloud account then used the find my iphone function to make the random noise.  I immediately visited the closest Apple store the same day to have the technician reinstall the IOS.  After reinstalling the IOS, the phone was working fine until I noticed something else happening.  The phone was freezing (the device didn't respond to my touches) only when I would get into an argument with my mother.  The phone wouldn't respond to any of my commands (touch commands), the volume button didn't respond, not even the home botton.  The phone then, after 5 minutes or so later, started working fine as if nothing happend.  Another incident occurred few days ago (again after an argument with mother) I try to delete a voice message (from mother) that was left on my phone, but everytime I try to delete the message the same message kept coming back telling me that I have a new message that I didn't hear.  I tried several times trying to delete the message, but was not able to delete it.  I eventually was able to delete the message after trying it for numerous times.  Most recently, I tried to delete all messages from my mother by doing the following.  Select phone from the home screen, select voicemail, then select edit and delete the message. But this time the edit botton was greyed out.  I tried the following, try selecting one message then deselecting it, going back to the home screen and trying the process again from start, turning off the phone and turning back on and so on...but the edit botton didn't come back to blue (the botton is normally shown blue to indicate it is available to use).  The edit botton only came back when I started a chat session with the Apple tech support using the same iphone.  I have a hunch that my older brother hacked my phone and is playing with the program, but I have no way of proving this.  Is there anyone out there that experienced a similar situation?  Can someone clone a phone if they gain physical access to the device and using a IMEI or MEID number?  I heard that there is a third party paid service where people can tamper with others phone if they gain the unique ID number that is associated with the phone.  If what I am experiencing is really the cloned case, how can I resolve the problem?  I didn't list all the problems that I had experienced here, but there are numerous other incidents that makes me believe that my phone is being tampered with.