Moscone Center calendar of events suggests Apple's WWDC 2015 coming June 8-12

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2014
While Apple's recent Worldwide Developers Conference just wrapped up two months ago, the Moscone Center's upcoming events calendar suggests the company has already set a June 8 kickoff date for the 2015 meeting.

Source: Moscone Center

Spotted by MacRumors, the online events calendar for Moscone West -- Apple's usual WWDC venue -- shows a five-day window blocked off for an unnamed "Corporate Event" to be held from June 8 through June 12, 2015.

The generic title is not a guarantee that Apple will hold WWDC 2015 on those dates, but there is a moderate chance that the rumor is accurate given the remainder of June is taken up by conventions and trade shows. In previous years, Apple has secretly saved its usual June window by disguising the conference as a "Corporate Meeting," a term used in 2011 and 2012.

If Apple keeps to an annual product update cycle, next year's WWDC will likely bring iOS 9, a new OS X and possibly hardware, though nothing is a lock at nine months out.

For the most recent WWDC, Apple was able to keep a bulk of its software initiatives secret until the big reveal on June 2, including iOS and OS X continuity features, iCloud Drive and a completely new coding language called Swift.

Also introduced at WWDC 2014, and slated for release this fall with iOS 8, were Apple's health and connected home initiatives, dubbed HealthKit and HomeKit, respectively. The upcoming software will allow iPhones and iPads to become central hubs for data aggregation and offer control of other connected devices like automated home appliances, health tracking products and more.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

2015?

I can hardly wait and will be lining up now.

• Reply 2 of 7

Yeesh, can we just deal with iPhone 6 rumours first? We have enough trouble with things 1 month away, forget 10.

• Reply 3 of 7
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member

So Apple will announce the following iPhone on September 8, 2015 which will release on the 18th of the month.

Sounds about right!

• Reply 4 of 7
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    What about 2016? Don't keep us waiting¡
  • Reply 5 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    No breaking news about 2019? I recall something about a Bladerunner planned then.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,418member
    Samsung just reserved a week earlier.
  • Reply 7 of 7

I wonder if OS X will go from 10.10 to 11.

I thought it might go from 10.9 to 11 this year, but it wasn't to be. What will Apple do at 10.99? Will they go to 11 or 10.100, which some may construe as 10.1?

I will wait and see.