Apple to release iOS 8 to device users on Sept. 17

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2014
Apple on Tuesday announced the official release date for its next-generation iOS 8 mobile operating system, with user able to update on Sept. 17.

When the new iOS 8 launches next week, users will be able to access all-new features like Health, HomeKit-supported hardware and more.

At launch, iOS 8 is compatible with iPhone 4S, 5, 5s, 5c, iPad 2, third-gen iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Called this just hours before the presentation to save my ass in front of client... and get the hell out of there to be in time... for this :???:
  • Reply 2 of 4
    did the dev edition come out today?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    alphafox wrote: »
    did the dev edition come out today?

I was about to ask the same thing... my video stream of the event was choppy and kept skipping back so I missed odd bits but I didn't seem to see any mention of the developer GM being released?

Update: Just logged into the dev centre website and the iOS 8 beta 5 button has been replaced by a (currently inactive) "iOS 8 GM Seed" so it looks like it's on it's way :D

Update 2: Downloading now having spotted a new developer agreement that I had to agree to before it enabled the GM link :) It's been a long day...
  • Reply 4 of 4

It's out now.