Apple provides golden masters of iOS 8, Xcode 6 to developers ahead of Sept. 17 launch

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2020
iOS 8 will become available to the public on Sept. 17, and developers will have one last chance to test out their apps before its launch with the golden master supplied on Tuesday.

The iOS 8 GM provided to developers is identified as build 12A365. It arrived alongside the Xcode 6 golden master, which is build 6A313.

Because it is golden master software, Apple believes that the version of iOS 8 it is providing to developers will likely be identical to the version that ships to consumers next Wednesday.

Apple does not restrict GM installations to registered developer devices, which means that those testing the software should be able to install it on as many devices as they wish in anticipation of the launch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    whoo hooo! I know what ill be doing tonight!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member

Boning!

• Reply 3 of 10
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    alphafox wrote: »
    whoo hooo! I know what ill be doing tonight!

Sure if you can get the downloads from Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    OTA not showing available update at 3:45 ET.
  • Reply 5 of 10

Yosemite? :\

• Reply 6 of 10
    Originally Posted by rexbinary View Post

Yosemite? :\

GM at the October Mac/iPad event, I bet.

• Reply 7 of 10
    Device not showing available updates
  • Reply 8 of 10

you can get them elsewhere if you know where to look. same difference; if its been hacked or something it wont flash at all. as long as its the GM from today your fine. I do it every year.

• Reply 9 of 10

• Reply 10 of 10
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by claymac View Post

Device not showing available updates

I think you need to download it from website. I may not show as an update on the device.