helloOoo McFly

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just try to step back for minute from the rest of the herd and trt to "think different." Apple may have dropped this ad slogan, but it still hasn't left their minds and as true mac people it shouldn't leave yours.

Comon' people...who needs a tablet when you have pen that can track its own position and transmit to a reciever ( most likely bluetooth or possibly airport technology...imagine the benefits of 300ft+ away from your Mac ) inside the new powermacs. I'm willing to bet Apple has developed or acquired a similar device. The traditional mouse and keyboard as we know them will be museum pieces by 2006.

:: See Erricson's newest unreleased toy ::.

<a href="http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=ERIC_CHATPEN&curr=USD"; target="_blank">http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=ERIC_CHATPEN&curr=USD</a>;

Secondly we are most definitely in for a case design update...recall how long the square beige cases lasted, then the round style cases with handles. Look at the current line-up with the new shape of the current G4 powerbooks and ibooks, then finally the Xserve...Try visualize an Xserve ~ 6" wide X 15" tall same design scheme with brushed silver aspects and apple logo's (possibly a blue glow power button and usb2 and firewire ports on the front beneath the logo)

more to come when I get out of class... :cool:

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: eshaun ]

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: eshaun ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    a) What's with the stupid undecriptive thread title?

b) Why not use one of the other zillion* pen/tablet/new enclosure threads?

and

3) Please lock me.

J :cool:

*Correct as of 06/19/2002
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Do we need another one of these? Please lock, mods.

Also, for some reason I think it's a little bit funny you so intelligently advise us to ?think different,? but then you imply you think Apple is going to follow Ericsson and the next PowerMac case design is going to be a stretched-out Xserve.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    eshauneshaun Posts: 3member
    Who said Apple is following Ericsson...do you really know how long Inkwell has been under development ...I didn't think so. You dont just spend millions R&D'ing new software without a hardware complement.And as for the other fool...learn how to spell before you go slamming on my creative title. I feel that what I wrote deserves a unique topic and doesn't belong ensconced among 5 page long threads full of random bs without credible sources and people who go running their mouths with other peoples rumors and ideas instead of creating their own. If anything there should be a response limit to the length of each thread. And as for the new case design...just take a look at the the gray G4 and quicksilver case designs...hmm resembles the B&W G3 cases. Since apple seems to be on top of the asthetic appeal of its machines over everything else anyways, why would they continue to use such an antiquated design. Furthermore in keeping with Apple tradition you dont design all your products with a different style, you come up with one and stick with it for a *short* while
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Taken from the top of the Future Hardware topic listing:

Before posting a new topic, please read the existing topics and try to keep discussion in a minimum of threads. Help us keep this forum clean and easy to read. Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by eshaun:

<strong>Who said Apple is following Ericsson...do you really know how long Inkwell has been under development ...I didn't think so. You dont just spend millions R&D'ing new software without a hardware complement.And as for the other fool...learn how to spell before you go slamming on my creative title. I feel that what I wrote deserves a unique topic and doesn't belong ensconced among 5 page long threads full of random bs without credible sources and people who go running their mouths with other peoples rumors and ideas instead of creating their own. If anything there should be a response limit to the length of each thread. And as for the new case design...just take a look at the the gray G4 and quicksilver case designs...hmm resembles the B&W G3 cases. Since apple seems to be on top of the asthetic appeal of its machines over everything else anyways, why would they continue to use such an antiquated design. Furthermore in keeping with Apple tradition you dont design all your products with a different style, you come up with one and stick with it for a *short* while</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yo McFly!

Please explain what the F_CK good a pen would be 300+ feet away from the screen! 200+ feet away?? 100+ feet away??? 50+ feet away????

Give me a break kid!

Dave