Apple issues iOS 8 compatibility updates for Beats Music, Find My Friends, others

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2014
In sync with the public rollout of its next-generation mobile operating system, Apple on Wednesday released updates for each of its first-party iOS apps that bring minor tweaks and fixes for compatibility with iOS 8.

Beats Music, acquired as part of Apple's $3 billion deal for the popular headphone maker earlier this year, adds new social sharing features to its iOS support. Users can now share links to their favorite music via iMessage, Mail, Facebook, and Twitter.

Find My Friends has added the ability for users to move their friends list to iCloud, while Find My iPhone now supports Family Sharing. Using Family Sharing, users will be able to locate family members' devices that are logged in using different Apple IDs.

Also updated were the Remote app, iTunes Movie Trailers, iTunes U, AirPort Utility, and Logic Remote.

At the same time, Apple issued new Terms of Service for iTunes. Users will need to agree to the updated terms before downloading the new app updates.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Do they still work on iOS 7 or do the new updates require iOS 8?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Do they still work on iOS 7 or do the new updates require iOS 8?

It’d be psychotic to cut 7 support.

• Reply 3 of 6
    Hopefully some better options so they can compete with android.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Can you subscribe to Beats through iTunes yet?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Would have liked the remote App to include a widget for Notification centre. I sue that App all the time for controlling my AppleTV and being able to do that quickly without unlocking the phone and opening the App would be very handy. Of course it may not be technically possible to do that or maybe it wouldn't work well as a widget. Hopefully it is possible though and Apple will release it as a future update.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    1) Strange AI didn't add the icon to the Beat Music app.

2) Strange Apple hasn't made the Beats Music app available in my Dutch Store (so downloading now from the US, but I forgot what the reason for this app was to begin with)