iDeviceChecker.com

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2015

Hey people,

my name is Simon and I will tell you what happend to me last year when I was visiting the US:

The iPhone 5S was release a few weeks before I started a roadtrip with my girlfriend through California. While we were traveling through the closed national parks (shutdown was going on during these days) I was trying to find out where I could buy an iPhone 5S for my dad. Because of the huge demand for this new iDevice it was really hard to find a store which had a iPhone 5S in stock. It wasn't important if it would be gray or white or with 16GB or 32GB, I just wanted to get one ;)

I had to check the websites of Apple and Bestbuy and so on for the availability information provided there. This was very annoying because it was pretty annoying to look up the information for every single product configuration (color and memory) for every zip code we came through.

Back home I thought about a solution and because of my work as a web app programmer I started a new project in my spare time called iDeviceChecker.com.  This webapp shows the availability information of iDevices as the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for the major stores on a nice Google map. You can also filter for a special product configuration to find out which store in your neighborhood has the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in stock right now.

I would love to hear some feedback from you guys as I programmed this webapp in my spare time after work for the last 10 months (normally 10pm-2am :)). Maybe you have some suggestions so please leave them within the feedback section. 

Best greetings from Germany,

Simon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Although this qualifies as spam on the forum, the site might help members locate iPhones in stock.
  • Reply 2 of 2

Hello everyone!

The Apple iPhone 6S and the iPhone 6S Plus were released last week and of course I prepared all checking algorithms again to help you guys to find your desired new iDevice in the next store around the corner. On my hobby website you can select the iPhone you're looking for and you will see several shops around you on a Google Map where the selected iDevice is in stock today.

Have a go and try it out, I would love to get some feedback as it was hard work over the last few weeks to get the whole platform running again.

All the best to you guys,

Simon