Signs of iPhone 6 life at the Apple Store

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2014

After weeks of universal cluelessness as to whether Apple was planning to sell the new iPhones in their mallstores, something has changed:  upon arriving at the local Apple Store these last 10?days @ 9:30, there has been no line for phones, just the usual opening-time folks & a couple asking about the phones.  TODAY, there was a line for phones.

As in previous releases, all the usual steps are being taken, all the missing procedures are sliding into place and it's beginning to look a lot like the Apple Stores are about to (attempt to)  stock their stores with the Sixes...just as if it was September 20th - not October 20th.

The lost month in the middle?  Oh, ATT decided to run a trade-in on iPhone 4 and 4S

There was one thing that was the same as my previous morning visits to the store directly above the Microsoft Store:  there were NO ATT iPHONES.  AT ALL.  And that ATT trade-in deal?  It expires TODAY, too.  How ironic that such a sweet deal would only be available while there were no phones to buy at all...nice to see Bully Bell working on customer loyalty!

What this implies overall, is that Apple is beginning to route quantities of the Six and Six+ to Apple's brick-and-mortar retail network.  The line I stood in today was only 25-deep, roughly, but everyone in it said they'd called the store and been told yes, come line up.  I didn't stick around to hear what else they didn't have, as I had an appointment elsewhere, but I'll go back tomorrow, try to pick up more, and see if a pattern is developing - and see if they have an ATT silver Six+ w/64....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5

Where's the "I found the two sizes and colors I wanted on the day after launch so I'm good with it" option? :p

• Reply 2 of 5

ah, the 'I'm not married' option...oops

• Reply 3 of 5

over 2500 people got new iPhones from the University Park Mall ? store the first day. An employee told me that direct.  There were 100 peeps in line at 8 am on the second day. I, being one of them purchased 2 - 6+ 128gb. There are lines nearly everyday there, the ? Store is packed, and your trying to say ? just started selling phones in mall stores? This store get shipments in everyday.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious View Post

After weeks of universal cluelessness as to whether Apple was planning to sell the new iPhones in their mallstores, something has changed:  upon arriving at the local Apple Store these last 10?days @ 9:30, there has been no line for phones, just the usual opening-time folks & a couple asking about the phones.  TODAY, there was a line for phones.

As in previous releases, all the usual steps are being taken, all the missing procedures are sliding into place and it's beginning to look a lot like the Apple Stores are about to (attempt to)  stock their stores with the Sixes...just as if it was September 20th - not October 20th.

The lost month in the middle?  Oh, ATT decided to run a trade-in on iPhone 4 and 4S

There was one thing that was the same as my previous morning visits to the store directly above the Microsoft Store:  there were NO ATT iPHONES.  AT ALL.  And that ATT trade-in deal?  It expires TODAY, too.  How ironic that such a sweet deal would only be available while there were no phones to buy at all...nice to see Bully Bell working on customer loyalty!

What this implies overall, is that Apple is beginning to route quantities of the Six and Six+ to Apple's brick-and-mortar retail network.  The line I stood in today was only 25-deep, roughly, but everyone in it said they'd called the store and been told yes, come line up.  I didn't stick around to hear what else they didn't have, as I had an appointment elsewhere, but I'll go back tomorrow, try to pick up more, and see if a pattern is developing - and see if they have an ATT silver Six+ w/64....

• Reply 4 of 5

Yeah, they've been selling them in their stores since day1 ... the problem has been that every shipment seems to sell out within minutes of arrival... 

They can only be manufactured so fast ... if they had stock-piled them for months ahead of time people would bitch about the fact that they had phones and weren't selling them.  Get over it.  You don't need a new phone so bad that you can't wait 4 weeks (or whatever amount of time it takes.)

• Reply 5 of 5

Obviously, a complete failure at communicating my points...doesn't help that I was wrong, too.  Fine.