is macRUMOR forum a crappy site?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited November 2014

I just want to rant...apparently macrumors moderators aren't being fair about my posts and threads....for 1 little negative thing...they suspend me for a month...i contacted them..but no luck with response....so i went ahead and made another account..boom ..banned! Multiple registration? I mean...wtf....new account that i made...no problem for a month...boom ...banned....

anyone else got banned?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

I'd say this site is a bit more liberal... however... you'll still get axed if you're a consistent ass.

• Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I'd say this site is a bit more liberal... however... you'll still get axed if you're a consistent ass.

sure..there's a fine line between okay and out of the boundary...what ever happened to 2nd chance?

• Reply 3 of 11

i see second chances around here all the time ... but i've also seen people say the same stupid stuff AGAIN, and end up gone.

• Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

i see second chances around here all the time ... but i've also seen people say the same stupid stuff AGAIN, and end up gone.

i guess...

lot of x-macrumor members here?

• Reply 5 of 11

dunno ... i was here before i was there... i'm still here, but I haven't checked on there in years.

• Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

dunno ... i was here before i was there... i'm still here, but I haven't checked on there in years.

well this place doesn't look too bad...

it's almost similar format like macrumors.

• Reply 7 of 11
    Originally Posted by koban4max View Post

I just want to rant...apparently macrumors moderators aren't being fair about my posts and threads....for 1 little negative thing...they suspend me for a month...i contacted them..but no luck with response....

Welcome. It’s safer here.

...banned! Multiple registration?

We’ll do the same, but you’ll absolutely get a response if you have any questions about a temporary ban, so there’s no reason to worry about your first account.

• Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Welcome. It’s safer here.

We’ll do the same, but you’ll absolutely get a response if you have any questions about a temporary ban, so there’s no reason to worry about your first account.

Thank you for info.

• Reply 9 of 11
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    Bans for having multiple registrations is pretty standard. Some sites are so militant about this, that the only thing they check is the IP -- meaning two people in the same household can't even have accounts on the same site.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Bans for having multiple registrations is pretty standard. Some sites are so militant about this, that the only thing they check is the IP -- meaning two people in the same household can't even have accounts on the same site.

that sucks...because i have sibiling that uses macrumors...

• Reply 11 of 11

Thank you so much for sharing this topic to us and it is wonderful.