NASCAR Winston Cup and iBook...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yesterday, while watching the Winston Cup race from Atlanta on Fox, they went to a shot of the commentators in the booth and sitting between them, for a good minute or so, was a white, dual-USB Apple iBook.

With the logo prominently displayed.

Earlier in the day, it wasn't on the desk, and later on it was gone. But during one brief segment, every redneck, motorhead, speedfreak and race fan saw a very cool-looking laptop and it was VERY obvious who the company is that produced it.

I had never seen that before, in the year I've been watching. But, as I've stated in another thread some months ago (and was completely shot down for), the two things don't seem like a bad match.

Perhaps not all-out sponsorship of a team or car, but it would be very cool to have the studio or commentator's booth outfitted with some iBook and new LCD iMacs!

Set your stereotypes aside, please. I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan and I'm quite far from a knuckle-dragging, mullet-laden "good ol' boy" grease-monkey the majority of you no doubt associate with the sport.

For every one of those stereotypes, there's someone like me who just likes the speed, thrill, vibe of it all.

And we buy - and know how to use - computers! Go figure.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    i don't believe it, anyone with any intelligence watches rally racing, NASCAR.. pfft