Evercore ups Apple target to $135, expects revenue growth to accelerate to 15% in 2015

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited November 2014
With a huge number of iPhone owners yet to upgrade to screen sizes larger than 4 inches, Evercore Partners expects major revenue growth for Apple in fiscal 2015 and beyond, and has increased its price target on the company's shares to $135.

Analyst Rob Cihra issued a note to investors this week, a copy of which was provided to AppleInsider, announcing his revised target, up from a previous prediction of $125. Apple's fiscal 2015 begins with the current December quarter, in which Cihra has predicted Apple will sell 65 million iPhone units.

But for him, even more impressive than the 27 percent year over year unit growth that Cihra expects is a prediction that the average selling price of the iPhone will increase by more than $20. This stands in contrast to the broader smartphone market, which is only seeing growth at the low end.

Cihra and many others expect that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will increase the average selling price of the iPhone thanks to the $100 premium for the 5.5-inch model, as well as the elimination of the 32-gigabyte storage capacity, offering instead 64 and 128 gigabytes on higher end models and incentivizing storage increases for new buyers.

The analyst's predictions call for 43 percent of the iPhone install base to still be using screen sizes of 4 inches or less by the end of fiscal 2015, which runs through the end of September of next year. With an extremely loyal user base, Cihra believes that almost all customers will eventually upgrade, which bodes well for Apple's growth beyond 2015.

And while Apple's revenue was up 7 percent year over year in fiscal 2014, Cihra believes revenue growth will reaccelerate in fiscal 2015, growing 15 percent year over year.

Of that growth, he believes about 90 percent will be driven by the iPhone. But he also has high hopes for a rumored new, larger "iPad Pro," as well as the upcoming Apple Watch set to launch in early 2015.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Further evidence that Apple is doomed (sarcasm)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Woot! My cost basis is $18.57, split adjusted. Glad I was stubborn and hung in there during the past few (lean) years while Tim Cook was getting his legs under him.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    AAPL has a long way to go yet. I think many are underestimating ?Watch sales potential as well as its spin off technologies we have yet to see. IBM and Swift just starting in Corporate, plus with and ?Pay and I really hope ?Search next year too ... and who knows what else, all while the opposition crumble. GO APPLE!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    How long before the competition becomes so desperate they begin invoking anti-trust?
  • Reply 5 of 8

Yeah, well, the institutional investors don't seem to think Apple is going anywhere and that's why they've been loading up on Microsoft, Cisco, Google, Hewlett-Packard and Pandora.  They're even pouring money back into Amazon like nothing ever happened last quarter, so Apple is low priority to the institutional investors.  I have yet to figure out what they don't like about Apple as a company.  I've heard things like they don't want to put money into some low-growth company that can only make phones for survival.  I don't understand the mentality of pension funds because I'm not sure why they stick with companies that are nearly profitless.  Xerox has 84% institutional ownership, but seriously, I have not seen one metric that Xerox has that is superior to Apple.  I must be missing something.  Over the past ten years Apple is up 1400% while Xerox is down 13% over the same period.  So how exactly how does owning Xerox help a pension fund?  In no way I can see.

• Reply 6 of 8
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member

Listen : Apple's stock is simply doing a gap up and will eventually start rolling up and down between support and resistance. It will be very hard to determine what that is until we see a pullback (for a breather)  and a roll or two. Stocks never just keep rising or falling in a straight line for long. What is happening right now is the experts are reassessing their positions (i/e. running the numbers on projected low and high earnings)  and loading up based on those before the next trend develops be it up, sideways or perhaps down - for 3 rolls. Looking at the chart I think the next top will be about 125 or so and will pull back down to 110-115 perhaps, The old resistance which was around 110 becomes the new support and a new top probably around 120 or 125 will develop. The stock is hugely overbought and of course Apple is doing a massive buyback which is causing the stock to to rise too. After this consolidation phase the Jan earnings initially and Apple watch will drive the stock up /down in 2015. Right now there is a lot of greed in the stock going on. I unloaded 33% of my position at $115 (+90% gain) . I will wait and see if it goes back down again. Also the US market is way overbought and the world economy is teetering at -ve growth all except the US. So I wouldn't get too greedy if I were you! It;s better to take some profit off the table than wait too long and lose because you held on to long. All this talk of trillion Dollar company is just nonsense, great for the talking heads, but is not going to happen any time soon, certainly not without real quantitative  earnings results and margins, otherwise it's pure speculation.

• Reply 7 of 8
    paul94544 wrote: »
    Listen : Apple's stock is simply doing a gap up and will eventually start rolling up and down between support and resistance. It will be very hard to determine what that is until we see a pullback (for a breather)  and a roll or two. Stocks never just keep rising or falling in a straight line for long. What is happening right now is the experts are reassessing their positions (i/e. running the numbers on projected low and high earnings)  and loading up based on those before the next trend develops be it up, sideways or perhaps down - for 3 rolls. Looking at the chart I think the next top will be about 125 or so and will pull back down to 110-115 perhaps, The old resistance which was around 110 becomes the new support and a new top probably around 120 or 125 will develop. The stock is hugely overbought and of course Apple is doing a massive buyback which is causing the stock to to rise too. After this consolidation phase the Jan earnings initially and Apple watch will drive the stock up /down in 2015. Right now there is a lot of greed in the stock going on. I unloaded 33% of my position at $115 (+90% gain) . I will wait and see if it goes back down again. Also the US market is way overbought and the world economy is teetering at -ve growth all except the US. So I wouldn't get too greedy if I were you! It;s better to take some profit off the table than wait too long and lose because you held on to long. All this talk of trillion Dollar company is just nonsense, great for the talking heads, but is not going to happen any time soon, certainly not without real quantitative  earnings results and margins, otherwise it's pure speculation.

Listen :

It's HIGH TIME for Every Sovereign Country on This Planet to ABOLISH & EXPEL Market Mal-Practice " Short Sell " For GOOD !

Short Sell is Main Culprit and Cause of Distortion of Modern Capitalism and ALLOW VILLAINS TO CONDUCT THEIR WRONGDOINGS !

As Long As Stock Price Fractuates According to Natural Course of Real Sell & Buy Transactions, There's NO PROBLEM.

But Nowaday IT IS NOT THE CASE.

There's SHENANIGANS?Like YOU? in The Market !

Market is Rigged !

Do You Know MORE THAN 90% of High Frequency Traders' - Such As KCG ( Getco & Night Capital Merger ) and Vertu - Orders Are FAKE !

KCG Traders Have Created A False Appearance of Buy- or Sell-Side Pressure.

Once Their Orders Were Filled, the KCG Traders Would Then Immediately Cancel Their Orders That Had Only Been Designed To Create The False Appearance of Market Activity. As A Result of This Improper High Frequency Trading Strategy, KCG's Traders Obtained Advantageous Prices That Otherwise Would Not Have Been Available To Them On More Than100,000 Occasions.

KCG Entered Numerous Layered, Non-Bona Fide Market Moving Orders To Generate Selling or Buying Interest In Specific Stocks Such As " AAPL ".
    By Entering The Non-Bona Fide Orders, Often In Substantial Size Relative To A Stock's Overall Legitimate Pending Order Volume, KCG traders Created A False Appearance of Buy- or Sell-Side Pressure.

This Trading Strategy Induced Other Market Participants to Enter Orders to Execute Against Limit Orders Previously Entered by the KCG Traders. Once Their Orders Were Filled, the KCG Traders Would Then Immediately Cancel Orders That Had Only Been Designed to Create The False Appearance of Market Activity. As A Result of This Improper High Frequency Trading Strategy, KCG's Traders Obtained Advantageous Prices that Otherwise Would Not Have Been Aavailable to Them on More Than 100,000 Occasions.

And, Of Course, Behind The Noted High Frequency Traders There Exist Villains Such As Numerous Banks, Hedge Funds etc.

As Long as " Short Sell " is Allowed As A Normal Practice in The Market, VILLAINS Always Try to Manipulate The Market.

We've Seen The Most Atrocious Case of Stock Manipulation in The Movement of AAPL Since Sept. 2012 to Mid-Term of 2014.

After AAPL Hitting All Time High ?Then?of $705 on Sept. 12 in 2012 on Its Way to $1,000, Its Stock Price LITERALLY Collapsed Having Plunged More Than 44% to $390.53 on Apr. 19 in 2013 WITHOUT ANY CONCRETE PROPER REASONS TO EXPLAIN IT, Despite Each Quarter's Renewing Breathtaking and Jaw-dropping RECORD BREAKING EARNING CALLS !

Analysts ?Many of Whom Are Lackeys of VILLAINS? and Pundits?SAME !? Were Desperate to Cover Up and Justify VILLAIN's WRONGDOINGS Saying that AAPL's Drastic Plunge Was Caused Because " Apple Will Be Forced to Drive Sales by Lowering Its Prices And in Turn Hampering Its Profits.

But That Has Been ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE !

VILLAIN's " IMAGINING & FABRICATING THING " !!!!!!

Apple is NOT Such CHEAP MANUFACTURER As Samsung.

NEVER HAD Apple BEEN FORCED to DRIVE SALES by LOWERING THEIR PRICES ONCE !

COMPLETELY FALSE and IRRELEVANT ACCUSATION For The SAKE of VILLAIN's MANIPULATING AAPL !

To Our Surprise, The Share of AAPL Had Declined MORE THAN 44% from Its Peak and Had Been MISERABLY Hoverring Under $500 For So Long WITHOUT ANY PROPER REASONING Despite Every Quarter's Renewing RECORD BREAKING Earning Call IN CAHOOTS of VILLAINS' Drawn Scenario of " AAPL Niagara FALL Plung Scheme "

It's HIGH TIME for ALL THE NORMAL HEALTHY LONG-TERM AAPL OWNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD to Be AWAKENING and TAKE ACTION In Doing " CLASS ACTION SUIT Against High Frequency Traders Such As KCG and Against FINRA When It's Needed !
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMETA View Post

Listen :

It's HIGH TIME for Every Sovereign Country on This Planet to ABOLISH & EXPEL Market Mal-Practice " Short Sell " For GOOD !

Short Sell is Main Culprit and Cause of Distortion of Modern Capitalism and ALLOW VILLAINS TO CONDUCT THEIR WRONGDOINGS !

As Long As Stock Price Fractuates According to Natural Course of Real Sell & Buy Transactions, There's NO PROBLEM.

Market is Rigged !

Do You Know MORE THAN 90% of High Frequency Traders' - Such As KCG ( Getco & Night Capital Merger ) and Vertu - Orders Are FAKE !

Once Their Orders Were Filled, the KCG Traders Would Then Immediately Cancel Their Orders That Had Only Been Designed To Create The False Appearance of Market Activity. As A Result of This Improper High Frequency Trading Strategy, KCG's Traders Obtained Advantageous Prices That Otherwise Would Not Have Been Available To Them On More Than100,000 Occasions.

KCG Entered Numerous Layered, Non-Bona Fide Market Moving Orders To Generate Selling or Buying Interest In Specific Stocks Such As " AAPL ".

By Entering The Non-Bona Fide Orders, Often In Substantial Size Relative To A Stock's Overall Legitimate Pending Order Volume, KCG traders Created A False Appearance of Buy- or Sell-Side Pressure.

This Trading Strategy Induced Other Market Participants to Enter Orders to Execute Against Limit Orders Previously Entered by the KCG Traders. Once Their Orders Were Filled, the KCG Traders Would Then Immediately Cancel Orders That Had Only Been Designed to Create The False Appearance of Market Activity. As A Result of This Improper High Frequency Trading Strategy, KCG's Traders Obtained Advantageous Prices that Otherwise Would Not Have Been Aavailable to Them on More Than 100,000 Occasions.

And, Of Course, Behind The Noted High Frequency Traders There Exist Villains Such As Numerous Banks, Hedge Funds etc.

As Long as " Short Sell " is Allowed As A Normal Practice in The Market, VILLAINS Always Try to Manipulate The Market.

We've Seen The Most Atrocious Case of Stock Manipulation in The Movement of AAPL Since Sept. 2012 to Mid-Term of 2014.

After AAPL Hitting All Time High ?Then?of $705 on Sept. 12 in 2012 on Its Way to $1,000, Its Stock Price LITERALLY Collapsed Having Plunged More Than 44% to $390.53 on Apr. 19 in 2013 WITHOUT ANY CONCRETE PROPER REASONS TO EXPLAIN IT, Despite Each Quarter's Renewing Breathtaking and Jaw-dropping RECORD BREAKING EARNING CALLS !

Analysts ?Many of Whom Are Lackeys of VILLAINS? and Pundits?SAME !? Were Desperate to Cover Up and Justify VILLAIN's WRONGDOINGS Saying that AAPL's Drastic Plunge Was Caused Because " Apple Will Be Forced to Drive Sales by Lowering Its Prices And in Turn Hampering Its Profits.

COMPLETELY FALSE and IRRELEVANT ACCUSATION For The SAKE of VILLAIN's MANIPULATING AAPL !

To Our Surprise, The Share of AAPL Had Declined MORE THAN 44% from Its Peak and Had Been MISERABLY Hoverring Under $500 For So Long WITHOUT ANY PROPER REASONING Despite Every Quarter's Renewing RECORD BREAKING Earning Call IN CAHOOTS of VILLAINS' Drawn Scenario of " AAPL Niagara FALL Plung Scheme "

It's HIGH TIME for ALL THE NORMAL HEALTHY LONG-TERM AAPL OWNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD to Be AWAKENING and TAKE ACTION In Doing " CLASS ACTION SUIT Against High Frequency Traders Such As KCG and Against FINRA When It's Needed !

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMETA View Post

Listen :

Market is Rigged !

What this guy doesn't tell you is that ability to use options to protect your shares against drops is also available. You can buy a put 18 months into the future say at 1.5 times the share price, that will cost a few 1000 and then you can feel safe owning the shares and sell covered calls against them and make decent returns. Without this ability many people could not safely own the shares. its like having insurance on a property you own and is normal part of well functioning market. So please disregard his obvious agenda and hysterical reaction- he is a fraud!