Renaming a file on my Mac to show new file name on PS3 ???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited November 2014

When I renamed this video file I have on my Mac and go to put it on my PS3 is shows up under the old name. Why is this? Is there any way to remove the old information in that file that related to the old name to force the file to name itself permanently using OS X?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    The following page has some suggestions:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-Support/AVI-files-showing-differnt-name-even-after-rename/td-p/11370133

Either refresh the media connection software if that's being used or try to edit the AVI metadata. I'm not sure if there's a Mac program to do that but the Windows one can be used under a VM.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

No I'm using a memory stick not media software. Just renamed a file and put on stick and transferred to PS3 but it comes up as old name on my PS3. It's quite frustrating. And I know if I rename it on my PS3 after copying it over and at some point have to restore my PS3 that all these titles will show up under there old names, as it happened before. I'm looking for a more permanent but simple solution once and for all.