warm or cold?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2014

IF you're to choose to live for 12 months in a certain place, which would you prefer? a very warm place or a very cold place? WHY?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9

Warm.

Because that's just what I prefer.  I don't like being cold.

I've lived for years in both climates. I just prefer the warm ones.

• Reply 2 of 9

Well, it’s December, 37º outside, and I have the windows open.

Never been a fan of it, but maybe I should overclock my hardware...

• Reply 3 of 9
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Well, it’s December, 37º outside, and I have the windows open.

Never been a fan of it, but maybe I should overclock my hardware...

Sounds like you're overclocked already, either that or lay off the vino. ;)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Sounds like you're overclocked already, either that or lay off the vino. image

Yeah, 37ºF. I figured enough of us were American to not notice.

My healthy internal temperature is 95.9º, so I’ve always been a fan of the cold. I’ve run debilitating fevers at 98º... Doctor goes, “Are you sure you’re sick? to my bleary-eyed stare. :rolleyes:

• Reply 5 of 9
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Yeah, 37ºF. I figured enough of us were American to not notice.

My healthy internal temperature is 95.9º, so I’ve always been a fan of the cold. I’ve run debilitating fevers at 98º... Doctor goes, “Are you sure you<span style="line-height:22.399999618530273px;">’re sick?</span>
    ”<span style="line-height:22.399999618530273px;"> to my bleary-eyed stare. </span>
    :rolleyes:

Most people would be shivering their balls off at that temperature. You're almost at the point in which hypothermia starts.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Most people would be shivering their balls off at that temperature. You're almost at the point in which hypothermia starts.

Really? I always thought it was 90... 

I can go outside in shorts and a t-shirt in this weather in the 40s. As long as there’s no wind, I feel great (if there’s wind, I grab an ear-wrap and some gloves). Pants come on at roughly 0.

I’d type the degree sign more but I have to copy/paste it. Huddler has mapped Option+0 to their own garbage (which, interestingly enough, shows you their own garbage).

• Reply 7 of 9
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterChat View Post

IF you're to choose to live for 12 months in a certain place, which would you prefer? a very warm place or a very cold place? WHY?

Now I live here in the Philippines for a while. Hate cold weather.

• Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Love the PI... don't know if I'd want to LIVE there, but I've never not enjoyed my visits.

• Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

ohh.. that is great.. I live here in the Philippines as well.. where are you located if you dob't mind?