OSX, is there anything left to give?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, is there? Does anyone stil think performance enhancements can still be had from a fairly extensive tweaking, or was the jump to 10.1 the best we could hope for?

If 10.2 provides a similar speed increase over 10.1 (as 10.1 provided over 10) that would minimize many hardware issues (at least for a while)

It not, how much more hardware performance do you all estimate is neccessary before OSX is as snappy as 9.1?

So whaddaya think: Major OSX speed optimizations for MWNY? Or big hardware boosts? Or some mix of the two?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Software and hardware 'speeds' will probably both be improved in the future.

Just a guess.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I think a software boost would be nice, especially for older/current users, but I have a feeling that things will only really improve when the CPU-MoBo combination gets a lot faster. But, will it happen by MWNY?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Well, I'm hoping another operating system update is due soon. I always loved the changes and improvements that a Classic Mac OS update brought.

There are so many features I'd like to see in 'Mac OS X', I can't wait for Apple to unveil the update. If Mac OS X gets a good re-work at MWNY, I'll be a very happy person.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member