Steve thanked....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just thought it was cool that Steve was thanked in an Oscar speech (For The Birds, Pixar). Love the man.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Yeah, that was pretty cool.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Damn I missed that.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    yep. How sad I am.. everytime someone from pixar wins anything I always listen as possible to hear if they thank SJ. why? I don't know.

Plus, I love Pixar. Can't believe Shrek beat them out Shrek was pure shit
  • Reply 4 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    One thing I don't really get it is why Jimmy Neutron got the nomination and Final Fantasy didn't

JN is shit compare to Shrek, Monster Inc, and FF
  • Reply 5 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    never saw Jimmy Neutron but the animation looks pretty cool
  • Reply 6 of 9
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>yep. How sad I am.. everytime someone from pixar wins anything I always listen as possible to hear if they thank SJ. why? I don't know.

Plus, I love Pixar. Can't believe Shrek beat them out Shrek was pure shit</strong><hr></blockquote>

How can you call Shrek shit! I also love Pixar, but as devoted as I am, I admit that Shrek was better. I laughed more in Shrek than Monsters Inc. or any other movie last year. I do think that the animation was better in Monsters though.

I'm glad "For the Birds" and Randy Newman won for Pixar. About time the man got an oscar.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]One thing I don't really get it is why Jimmy Neutron got the nomination and Final Fantasy didn't.<hr></blockquote>

I think it's because Final Fantasy bombed at the box office. That may have influenced the Academy members.

Moulin Rouge, I have no idea why that piece of crap even got nominated. I hate those damn musicals.

[ 03-26-2002: Message edited by: Analogue bubblebath ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I haven't seen Monsters, Inc, but Shrek was pretty good. Seemed to have a good deal of jokes intended for the adults more than the kids. Seemed like one long penis size joke for a while there....
  • Reply 9 of 9
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    [quote]Can't believe Shrek beat them out Shrek was pure shit<hr></blockquote>

Can't believe Shrek beat them out?! What about Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Probably the most gorgeous, and most emotional cgi movie ever. But it didnt even get nominated. Not even a technology award! Grr.

Sorry just a little peeved that In The Bedroom didnt get anything. God what a emotional movie.

[ 03-26-2002: Message edited by: Falcon ]</p>