Advice on iPad Air or Air 2

Posted:
in iPad edited December 2014

Hi,

I am ordering my first iPad. Decided on the Air 2 for the faster processor, nicer screen, and fingerprint reader. Then my OCD caught hold of me and I found stories of problems with the Air 2's screen showing dark, ghost finger tips from pressing on the back when holding it, and bad vibrating resonance from the speakers. Is this widespread, or uncommon, and if the former, how annoying is it? Is the original Air that much different in regards to these screen and audio issues? I could live with the audio problem with headphones, but the screen issue sounds like a bummer. It's always something messing up what should have been an easy decision :-(.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    aflaaak wrote: »
    the screen issue sounds like a bummer.

Most of the iPad internal is covered by a battery so it's just on one side and looks fairly minor:

[VIDEO]

If it was in a case or had the smart cover on the back, it probably wouldn't happen.
  • Reply 2 of 2

Has anyone here heard of the iPad Air 2 popping? Apparently, some iPads pop randomly, as if it was a static discharge. A few threads on this on Apple's own "Using iPad" Community forum...here is a 28 page thread on the subject:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6631203?tstart=0