PC promotion

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple is trying hard to lure the PC user. many love the new iMac but bemore not using all their old software. Now we know that they will never want to use it, but they don't know that until they take the Mac home. So i suggest a free copy of Virtual PC to current PC users.

To qualify you bring in your PC to an Apple Store (offer only good there) and you show some registation on the machine to prove it is yours. Then the Apple Genius installs Virtual PC to the new Mac, transerefs all the PC stuff over, and send you home with both machines.

It would cost Apple 200 bucks for a guaratneed PC sales cross over. I think it is money well spent.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Not a bad idea 'cept that VPC sucks royally. Other than that, I like it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    I love your signature tag.

You are right that VPC sucks. It is a PC after all. But the point is people will just not be able to say I cant run my old stuff. I have worked demo's. people ask those questions and all they want to hear is yes. They never will since Mac apps are fewer but better.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Ok. So when they put VPC on the Mac and they bring it home, and their applications/games like Everquest, etc. don't work, what happens then?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]Ok. So when they put VPC on the Mac and they bring it home, and their applications/games like Everquest, etc. don't work, what happens then?<hr></blockquote>

"What? We never said it would work!"