upgrade to IOS 8 - 2 iphones and an ipad

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2015

I have been asked to upgrade a couple of iphones to IOS 8 and also a IPAD 

i plan to make a backup using itunes of the three devices before i start however, AND also they are using icloud - so i will also make sure each device is fully backed up to icloud

1) if IOS 8 install - can i still restore the iphone back to IOS 7 and ALL the data from the itunes backup

2) How can I make sure that all the photos, music, notes, email are all backed up and copied onto a PC

3) Notes - did not seem to want to backup to icloud - it asked for an email address 

just want a belt and braces process - ideally where i can see all the items on a windows PC - so at least I know its all backed up OK

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    etaf wrote: »
    I have been asked to upgrade a couple of iphones to IOS 8 and also a IPAD 

i plan to make a backup using itunes of the three devices before i start however, AND also they are using icloud - so i will also make sure each device is fully backed up to icloud

Start iTune and plug in your mobile device. Select the mobile device icon on the top menu.

1) if IOS 8 install - can i still restore the iphone back to IOS 7 and ALL the data from the itunes backup

No!

2) How can I make sure that all the photos, music, notes, email are all backed up and copied onto a PC

"X" the box for iCloud backup and then select the appropriate boxes.

3) Notes - did not seem to want to backup to icloud - it asked for an email address 

???

just want a belt and braces process - ideally where i can see all the items on a windows PC - so at least I know its all backed up OK

thanks
  • Reply 2 of 2
    etafetaf Posts: 3member

Thanks

Quote:

No!

So if the data gets corrupted during the upgrade - how do we recover all the data ?