I.T. Companies w/ GREAT Customer Service!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have the first to contribute: A couple weeks ago, I bought my new Handspring Visor Edge, and from the get-go the backlight didn't work and it had a couple other problems. I couldn't take it back to the store I got it from, because they didn't have any more of the silver, so I called Handspring.

The next day, a box came to my door. I sent the Visor away Friday (4/5) at 12:30pm, and Monday (4/8) they got it, fixed it, and shipped it back. It arrived at my door at 12:10pm today! (4/9) I didn't have to pay for anything, and the whole experience (other than being without my Visor for a few days) was very pleasant.

EDIT: They also sent another stylus and aluminum cover at no charge! Wow!

And I didn't even get the service where they send one to me, and I just ship the bad Visor back (they were offering it for free, but I didn't want to risk getting a refurbished in return for my practically new one).

To sum up:

1) The box came the next day after my call (return postage paid).

2) It got to Handspring the next business day.

3) They received it, fixed it, and shipped it as soon as they got it.

4) It came back the next day.

5) They gave me another cover and stylus

So, what other companies can you recommend simply on their customer support/repair service?

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: CosmoNut ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]So, what other companies can you recommend simply on their customer support/repair service?<hr></blockquote>

No one had better say Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i had a maxtor HD that went bad on my after about two years. called them up, read of the SN and described what the problem was.

guy on the phone said it sounded bad to me, sent me out a replacement drive and i shipped back my bad one in the same box. took two days.

IBM on the other hand wanted me to ship my dead Deathstar to them, then they'd ship me out a replacement. assholes.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I had a great experience with Apple! (I did.)