Quote Of The Day

Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider edited April 2015

Every day someone says something that stands out in some way or another, so why not have a thread containing the very best ones?

Here's one to kick things off-

"I have no doubt that Mohammed is Jihadi John"

~ close friend of Mohammed Emwazi, aka Jihadi John.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11436615/Jihadi-John-named-as-Mohammed-Emwazi-live.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 73

"Seek simplicity, and distrust it."

Alfred North Whitehead

• Reply 2 of 73
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,807member
    "America's one of the finest countries anyone ever stole."

Bobcat Goldthwaite
  • Reply 3 of 73
    "How do you titillate an ocelot? You oscillate its tits a lot."

George Bush Snr's favourite joke, quoted in the Los Angeles Times
  • Reply 4 of 73
    hands sandonhands sandon Posts: 5,270member

I see you, I know you. I’ll burn you out. I’ll tell the gardas (police) you beat me up. I’ll go to my solicitor.”

~ Thief tells returning car owner.

Video posted on YouTube by the Mercedes owner- 

• Reply 5 of 73
    "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

Mark Twain
  • Reply 6 of 73

"I think we've just found the first ever example of political maso-sadism"

~ David Cameron

• Reply 7 of 73
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 41,328member

Now Hands, are you British? I’ve forgotten. If so, did you catch the BBC4 “documentary” (they were actually allowed to call it that) yesterday regarding what would “happen” if Britain left the EU?

Suppose I should have a quote, too. More than one per day, but still:

C. S. Lewis

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

• Reply 8 of 73
    "When an elephant is in trouble, even a frog will kick him."

Indian proverb
  • Reply 9 of 73
    Noel Ignatiev

Make no mistake about it: We intend to keep bashing the dead white males, and the live ones, and the females, too, until the social construct known as ’the white race’ is destroyed–not ‘deconstructed’, but destroyed.

• Reply 10 of 73

Tallest Skil

Quote:

Now Hands, are you British? I’ve forgotten. If so, did you catch the BBC4 “documentary” (they were actually allowed to call it that) yesterday regarding what would “happen” if Britain left the EU?

Not yet, but if it's on the BBC it's probably heavily biased to be pro EU. 

I'm dual US/UK. Born in England, raised in Scotland.

• Reply 11 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What is the "social construct of white males" he's talking about?

• Reply 12 of 73
    Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

its probably heavily biased to be pro EU. 

It was absolutely disgusting, as a matter of fact. Appeals to emotion throughout and everyone was identified as being “[nationality]-European”. So “German-European”, “Spanish-European”, etc. In the same vein as “African-American”. Psychologically forcing the ’transition’ to a pan-European federal state.

Set in a future in which the EU had collapsed, The Caliphate (I refuse to call it “ISIS” or “ISIL”) was advancing up the Italian peninsula, there were terrorists controlling parts of Amsterdam, Nigel Farage was prime minister of “Greater England” and had deported the last 10 years’ worth of immigrants (which is obviously a terrible terrible thing for everyone), etc.

The Great European Disaster Movie*, it’s called. I’m an American and I was infuriated by it. Watch it if you want to both laugh at Europhiles and be enraged at the overtness of its propaganda. They had the balls to call it a “documentary”, which is of course a complete farce.

Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

What is the "social construct of white males" he's talking about?

The thought that people who are white–the race defined as such–is a social construct, no more than a collection of behaviors. That there is no such thing as a ‘white person’ and that whites should be bred out of existence.

*The title even sounds like it’s one of those exceptionally terrible Hollywood movies whose posters have the title in red letters…

• Reply 13 of 73

"Happy in Beauty Life and Love and Everything"

William Reynolds-Stephens

• Reply 14 of 73

delete

• Reply 15 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It was absolutely disgusting, as a matter of fact. Appeals to emotion throughout and everyone was identified as being “[nationality]-European”. So “German-European”, “Spanish-European”, etc. In the same vein as “African-American”. Psychologically forcing the ’transition’ to a pan-European federal state.

Set in a future in which the EU had collapsed, The Caliphate (I refuse to call it “ISIS” or “ISIL”) was advancing up the Italian peninsula, there were terrorists controlling parts of Amsterdam, Nigel Farage was prime minister of “Greater England” and had deported the last 10 years’ worth of immigrants (which is obviously a terrible terrible thing for everyone), etc.

The Great European Disaster Movie*, it’s called. I’m an American and I was infuriated by it. Watch it if you want to both laugh at Europhiles and be enraged at the overtness of its propaganda. They had the balls to call it a “documentary”, which is of course a complete farce.

The thought that people who are white–the race defined as such–is a social construct, no more than a collection of behaviors. That there is no such thing as a ‘white person’ and that whites should be bred out of existence.

*The title even sounds like it’s one of those exceptionally terrible Hollywood movies whose posters have the title in red letters…

I've now watched it, unfortunately. I could barely concentrate on it because it was so awful. It surely must damage their cause putting out junk like that. It was like a childish parody of a documentary and as a result looked utterly insincere. 

I don't think there's ever going to be a way of holding back white people. Just like Jews often do well, whites always will too. The other races have much more opportunity now, thanks mostly to whites. The more they focus on that the better they'll do, and their children.

• Reply 16 of 73

It surely must damage their cause putting out junk like that.

I can’t imagine it going any other way, and that’s great. I figure the EU won’t see 2021, but that’s me.

Oh, Denmark wants to call Scania (in Sweden) part of “Greater Copenhagen.” That’s great. Border tension! They also banned halal foods.

Leo Tolstoy

The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already. But the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him. 

• Reply 17 of 73
    "Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to."

US humorist Bill Vaughan
  • Reply 18 of 73
    Frederic Bastiat

You say, “There are persons who have no money,” and you turn to the law. But the law is not a breast that fills itself with milk. Nor are the lacteal veins of the law supplied with milk from a source outside the society. Nothing can enter the public treasury for the benefit of one citizen or class unless other citizens or classes have been forced to send it in. If every person draws from the treasury the amount he has put in it, it is true that the law then plunders nobody. But this procedure does nothing for the persons who have no money. It does not promote equality of income. The law can be an instrument of equalization only as it takes from some persons and gives it to other persons. When the law does this, it is an instrument of plunder. 

• Reply 19 of 73
    Thomas Sowell

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hand of people who pay no price for being wrong. Know-it-alls in the school system do not lose one dime or one hour's sleep if their bright ideas turn out to be all wrong, or even disastrous, for the child.

• Reply 20 of 73
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member

”When a man finds a conclusion agreeable, he accepts it without argument; but when he finds it disagreeable, he will bring against it all the

forces of logic and reason.”  - Thucydides