Ipad has stopped sending outgoing mail

Posted:
in iPad edited April 2015

My Ipad mini stopped sending emails a few weeks ago and has been driving me crazy trying to correct the problem.  In Outgoing Mail Server host name is  smtp.telus.net then my user name and password. Am not using SSL, Authentication has password check marked and a server port number. Message I get on ipad is Cannont connect to the outgoing Mail server for my email address and a repair does not work.  How do I fix this or configure an additional outgoing mail server, I am pretty useless with technical stuff.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    essieb wrote: »
    My Ipad mini stopped sending emails a few weeks ago and has been driving me crazy trying to correct the problem.  In Outgoing Mail Server host name is  smtp.telus.net then my user name and password. Am not using SSL, Authentication has password check marked and a server port number. Message I get on ipad is Cannont connect to the outgoing Mail server for my email address and a repair does not work.  How do I fix this or configure an additional outgoing mail server, I am pretty useless with technical stuff.

According to telus.net, the username should be your full email address and the port should be 1025.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    essiebessieb Posts: 2member

Marvin you are a genius!.  Thanks for the seemingly simple resolution, it worked.  Darned if I know why it changed in the first place though.  Thanks again